Women's Forum - Are private forums necessary?

Relax, guys. The Women’s only forum gets about one or two new posts a day.

Please, just start a men’s only forum already.

I’m not sure about the woman only thing as a name for the forum but can see the benefit. The girls are the minority and it must be difficult when they face the odds and take on issues as in recent discussions.

If it was a “female issues” forum then I for one would avoid it like the plague and it would still get the intended results but perhaps without the obvious division.

They’ve been discussing “female issues”, “womens stuff” and “sensative / embrassing issues” (sic) for hundreds and thousands of years and still haven’t worked it out. Let’em be! :s I’d rather not know.

yeah I don’t give a shit. If they feel more comfortable in a private forum, they so be it. I really think a “Men’s Only” forum would be a waste of time as most guys here freely talk about everything in the public forums anyway.

I still think a ‘private chat’ function would be awesome and well used by many people.

As long as its not a “wymins” forum I have no prob with it.
Women need a place to discuss some of the more delicate issues. I say give them privacy for that.
I hope they advocate more underarm shaving for the island ladies.

Is Loretta a plank holder in there?

I think it’s fine to have a Women’s Only forum. It allows women to discuss issues in a safe place without this entire forum (or the entire Internet) reading their posts. The sad truth is this world is messed up in a lot of ways, and women are targets of a disproportionately high number of hassles, intrusions, and crimes. So, what’s wrong with providing a safe (and comfortable) place for them to meet up?

I want an old timers forum where we could rag on newbies that start threads that have already been started again and again and again.

Nice! So again I say is all equal? Men have been letting things like this go on for years and making excuses to allow it, but is it not just a form of discrimination? Whether they are in the minority or not does not give them the right to be and flaunt discrimination. I do not particularly want to hear about female problems but I do take offense to being excluded based solely on the fact that I am not female.

Whether men talk openly about things on here or not again makes no difference. Females can do the same if they so wish. We are not stopping you, you are stopping you.

These are the same arguements that have been going on for years. Mens clubs and Womens clubs. Why now are mens clubs not allowed but womens are. Why are people making excuses to justify blatant disrimination? If it is ever on the other foot in any other context then the women have a bird and it must be stopped. Now I ask you, is that fair? Is it discrimination? Stop and think, don’t just make excuses.

This is about just that not about whether I or others wish to discuss womens private matters. I believe in EQUALITY!

Physically women and men are just different. I don’t know if you really have anything to contribute about what to think about to take the edge off of the most earth shattering pain you’ve ever experienced when you are going through labour. So do you?
And why would any of the women believe you if you’ve never been through it? And why would you care?
We have different experiences, not all, but some. So we have different things to share with one another. It’s just like you would ask/discuss things with your friends that you wouldn’t with your mother or your father. Some people are fine with discussing all topics with everyone, but not everyone is.

Form your own boys club, if that makes you feel better, the girls don’t mind. It’ll just be like open forum anyways.

[quote=“Surf”]…but I do take offense to being excluded based solely on the fact that I am not female.
[/quote]
I mean this is the nicest way possible: Don’t lose any sleep over it. (but looking at your statement above, I’ve probably just offended you.)

Do you take offense at being exlcuding from the “ladies” bathroom soley because you are not female?

True equality is impossible. Sure, regarding human rights etc, we should be striving for equality, but when it comes down to specific physical and chemical make up true equality is impossible - we’re just made differently, and I think that is a wonderful thing.

If the womens forum was made public, then the real issues would be discussed by PMs, so would you be offended to not be able to see those?

Exactly Kitty. It will be just like the open forum. That is what this is all about. It is and always should be an “open” forum. Whether that is for males or females. If you wish not to discuss it openly then do not discuss it. Exclusive clubs are discrimination no matter how you put it. No excuses, just the truth.

Gee, is there a physical difference? DUH!! Now why do you think that men never go through pain? Is labour that much more painful that passing a stone the size of a baseball through your penis? Is it more painful than intestine surgery? Why do women continually complain about things like that and then in the next statement say how wonderful it all is?

Now, how do you know that labour is the most earth shattering pain that anyone has ever experienced? Have you ever had any other experiences of pain?

Take for example your worst, most painful experience you have ever had each month(for women) and then make it everyday. Is that pain? Is it equivalent to labour pain?

I am confused :s are you saying that it is okay for men to discuss openly but not women? Are women allowed to be involved with male topics but men are not allowed in womens? Does the fact that women are different allow them to have the best of both worlds and yet others are not allowed in on any world? :help: :s

Richardm yes you can have such a forum if women are allowed theirs. I do not check every post so I was not sure if it had been started. That is what great mods like our Maoman are there for(to correct our simple errors). Oh ya, there already is a thread about ragging on Newbies. Say something there.

Whether the womens forum was created before or after the so called time line it is discrimination and creates a bad atmosphere here on forumosa. It should be stopped. If women wish to talk about things then post them. If they want their own club(as others have said here before) then start your own website. Do not destroy a great place because you cannot take it.

This site is mainly foriegners, does that mean we should not allow any Chinese? Come on people! Admin. fix this and eliminate the bs.

well, I nominate myself to be womens forum mod.

[quote=“truant”][quote=“Surf”]…but I do take offense to being excluded based solely on the fact that I am not female.
[/quote]
I mean this is the nicest way possible: Don’t lose any sleep over it. (but looking at your statement above, I’ve probably just offended you.)

Do you take offense at being exlcuding from the “ladies” bathroom soley because you are not female?

True equality is impossible. Sure, regarding human rights etc, we should be striving for equality, but when it comes down to specific physical and chemical make up true equality is impossible - we’re just made differently, and I think that is a wonderful thing.

If the womens forum was made public, then the real issues would be discussed by PMs, so would you be offended to not be able to see those?[/quote]

How did you offend me? Yes, I do take offense to being excluded from the “ladies” room when “ladies” are not from the “mens”. When they are, then no problem.

I agree the difference is wonderful. I also agree that true equality is impossible, because we are different. That is why I wonder then why females so strongly persist on wanting equality. They do not really want equality, they want “their kind of” equality. That being equal when we want it but not when we don’t want it. They still wish to have all the great things about being a “lady” but they also want all the good things about being a “man” too. That is not equality. One cannot have the best of both worlds and none of the bad. You either want equal or you want something else.

About PM’s; they are just that, Private Messages. No offense there. But to have an exclusive club listed here on this site is!

Can we have a nudists forum, so we can post naked in privacy?

Many thanks. :sunglasses:

[quote=“Surf”][quote=“truant”][quote=“Surf”]…but I do take offense to being excluded based solely on the fact that I am not female.
[/quote]

If the womens forum was made public, then the real issues would be discussed by PMs, so would you be offended to not be able to see those?[/quote]

How did you offend me? Yes, I do take offense to being excluded from the “ladies” room when “ladies” are not from the “mens”. When they are, then no problem.

I agree the difference is wonderful. I also agree that true equality is impossible, because we are different. That is why I wonder then why females so strongly persist on wanting equality. They do not really want equality, they want “their kind of” equality. That being equal when we want it but not when we don’t want it. They still wish to have all the great things about being a “lady” but they also want all the good things about being a “man” too. That is not equality. One cannot have the best of both worlds and none of the bad. You either want equal or you want something else.

About PM’s; they are just that, Private Messages. No offense there. But to have an exclusive club listed here on this site is![/quote]
Righty-O. Single by any chance mate?

Yeah Surf! Whats the story.

I am lost as to what was meant by that comment by truant. Yours too Ironman. :s My points have been open and clear.

I am all for unisex bathrooms. I am not single, by the way.

[quote=“Surf”]Nice! So again I say is all equal? Men have been letting things like this go on for years and making excuses to allow it, but is it not just a form of discrimination? Whether they are in the minority or not does not give them the right to be and flaunt discrimination. I do not particularly want to hear about female problems but I do take offense to being excluded based solely on the fact that I am not female.

Whether men talk openly about things on here or not again makes no difference. Females can do the same if they so wish. We are not stopping you, you are stopping you.

These are the same arguements that have been going on for years. Mens clubs and Womens clubs. Why now are mens clubs not allowed but womens are. Why are people making excuses to justify blatant disrimination? If it is ever on the other foot in any other context then the women have a bird and it must be stopped. Now I ask you, is that fair? Is it discrimination? Stop and think, don’t just make excuses.

This is about just that not about whether I or others wish to discuss womens private matters. I believe in EQUALITY![/quote]Discrimination is a big word I think. I look at it this way. There are many bulletin boards out there and each of them cathers to specific or less-specific people. It’s your choice to post where ever you want on any bulletin boards you find fitting for whatever reasons.

Having a women only forum is simply an expansion to what Forumosa offers. I think it’s a good way of attracting new female members and once they are here, we most likely will see the odd post in the"men" forum as well so we all win.

I also think that women tend to keep a discussion more productive and it only makes sense to make that possible. I think they deserve it just for putting up with us in their daily lives. :slight_smile: My wife will go out with her girlfriends once in a while and trust me, I prefer staying home and arguing with blokes on Forumosa or something like that anyways.

[quote=“surf”]I am lost as to what was meant by that comment by truant. Yours too Ironman. :s My points have been open and clear.

I am all for unisex bathrooms. I am not single, by the way.[/quote]
OK I’ll spell it out.

I think you don’t understand the womens equality issue for starters, and I think you don’t understand that some women need their own space, both virtually and in the real world.
…and to finish, for someone supposedly campaining about equality, you sure do sound really chauvanistic.

Your wife goes out with the girls. Are you allowed to go out with the guys? That is with out an endless stream of questions and queries?

The point is not whether women are different or not. It just is that to exclude is to discriminate.

I agree with the health club example. Now, how is that fair or equal? Also, how about women,usually reporters, allowed into mens locker rooms and yet men are not allowed into womens locker rooms? Is that equal or special treatment?

How about “wife beater”, are there not also “husband beaters” out there too? Yet only one is a justification for lawsuits. Why are there “Womens parades” and not “Mens parades”. Gay pride does not count.