Word Count

I really liked the old system where it showed the number of posts and word count of forumosans…the webmaster should bring that back…it was cool.

Yeah, I was trying to get my average up to 100 words per post (I was at 97-point-something the last time I checked). Also it would be cool if you could do the memberlist by the number of words people have written and by the words-per-post average. But I’m a stats freak like that. :slight_smile:

Word counts are back, but they are not accurate. I’ll resynch the word counts this weekend when forum traffic is at an ebb

Hey…thanks for bringing back the word count!

btw…is that the philippine flag? i can’t tell if i see the sun in the middle and the 3 stars.

Yep, it is. I’ll try to replace it with a clearer flag one of these days.

I’d say it’s not accurate! I wasn’t at only 95 words per post before the revamping. :stinkyface:

(Oh damn, I think my average just dropped again with this post…)

I have resynched word counts already

Yep, it is. I’ll try to replace it with a clearer flag one of these days.[/quote]

Are you showing the philippine flag because you are filipino? I’m just wondering…cause i’m half.

Carlos

Post count is inacurate. I’ve lost over 100 posts somewhere along the way.

By the way, what’s with the stars?

Yep, I’m 100% pinoy. Mabuhay, man

[quote=“Dr_Zoidberg”]Post count is inacurate. I’ve lost over 100 posts somewhere along the way.[/quote]They were probably in the temporary forum. On a day to day basis, posts that are made in temp, or that end up in temp, are still included in your post count. But when the post count is synchronised, it only counts posts still in existence, so old ones that have disappeared from temp don’t count.

[quote=“Dr_Zoidberg”]By the way, what’s with the stars?[/quote]Number of years on Forumosa.

What joesax said is true about trimming the temp posts, but I have lost over a hundred posts too. I was almost to 500 and now I’m back to the mid-three hundreds. I know I have a few temp posts but not 150.

Also, the re-sync word count option is greyed out and I can’t re-sync. Am I missing something or has it not been implemented yet?

I re-installed the resync over the weekend. This version doesn’t seem to permit ‘personal’ resynching - only the entire membership. If I can figure out how to bring back the “own resync”, I will. I am sorry about this

Fair enough, but I didn’t think I had that many posts in the temp forum.

Here I was thinking they had stopped all pretenses and made the popularity contest official.

[quote=“elektronisk”]What joesax said is true about trimming the temp posts, but I have lost over a hundred posts too. I was almost to 500 and now I’m back to the mid-three hundreds. I know I have a few temp posts but not 150.

Also, the re-sync word count option is greyed out and I can’t re-sync. Am I missing something or has it not been implemented yet?[/quote]

I just lost about 2000 posts. :yay: