Work Permit - 2 years work experience

Hi all,

I’d like to get everyone’s experience/opinions on the following situation.

I am currently holding a marriage ARC but for some personal reasons I may have to give up on it pretty soon and switch to a work visa.

I have been working at a company as a full-time employee for 1 year and 8 months and worked at that same company as a part-time for 1 year.

As I only hold a bachelor degree, my question would be :

Could I merge both of my full-time and part-time experience working at this company to meet the 2 years of working experience criteria? Do you guys think that it would likely be approved?

PS: not sure if it is a skill worth to mention for my application but I can talk german fluently

To answer your question, part time and full time work counts as experience, unless the regulations for that industry state otherwise. I think the main question should be whether or not you can get a work permit, which you will need first to get a work-based ARC. Only certain industries can apply for a work permit for foreign employees. At least 2 years experience is a minimum requirement for some, but not all.
Experience abroad counts as well.

1 Like

Yes exactly, my main concern was related to the year of part time experience and if it would count towards the “2 years experience” requirement.

Regarding the industry my company is in, I am confident this shouldnt be an issue as many europeans are working here on a work based ARC.

Thanks a lot for the quick answer

Or just delay ending your marriage keep your JFRV. Work experience is counted post graduation.

1 Like

Yes that would be the 2nd option, but I’d rather switch asap. And yes both full time and part time experience have been acquired after obtaining my bachelor degree

1 Like

Just an update on the situation, HR confirmed that the work permit application would be fine.

Does anyone know if you are required to leave Taiwan first when switching from marriage to work visa? (I will stay married for the time being until I am done with all the applications)

Hope things go well but I wouldn’t trust HR with my immigration stuff one bit.