Work Permit Renewal Minimum Expenditure Requirement

I know that if you employ yourself through a company you own and want your work permit renewed, your company must do NTD3,000,000 in yearly sales, but today I came across an alternative to satisfy that requirement: to have an expenditure of NTD1,000,000.

This is the only source I’ve seen mention a minimum expenditure as an option. Can anyone corroborate it?

2 Likes

I’ll ask my CPA.

2 Likes

It seems odd if that’s true - I would have thought that requirement would be easier to meet for most small companies (so better known, and I’ve never read of it either).

1 Like

The text highlighted in your link relates to the Entrepreneur Visa extension. It’s also abit out dated as it’s now a 2 year visa and not a 1 year visa.

Here are the conditions to extend an Entrepreneur Visa (meet at least one):

(1) The sales revenue of the applicant’s enterprise for the most recent year, or the average
for the most recent three years, is at least NT$3 million.
(2) The operating expenses of the applicant’s enterprise for the most recent year, or the
average for the most recent three years, is at least NT$1 million.
(3) The applicant’s enterprise employs at least three full-time Taiwanese nationality
employees.
(4) The applicant’s enterprise can demonstrate some other category of operational performance that leads the industry competent authority to determine that the enterprise is making a positive contribution to Taiwan’s economic development.

https://law.moea.gov.tw/EngLawContent.aspx?id=10466

1 Like

Note the text before:

Initial validity for an approved Entrepreneur Visa shall not exceed one year; however, when the applicant’s business enterprise in Taiwan meets at least one of the criteria listed below, the applicant may apply for an extension

So it would seem that an extension based on operating expenses is possible.

Ah okay but if not the entrepreneur visa, what visa are you in if you employ yourself as the manager of a taiwanese company or branch office you incorporated?

yeah I’ve updated the post to make it clear at least one of the criteria need to be met and not all for the Entrepreneur Visa extension.

Work ARC.

1 Like

It would be based on the B00 type work permit (Overseas Chinese or Foreign Investment Officer).

To extend that permit need to meet one of the following:

• For entities established for more than 1 year: The average annual turnover in Taiwan for either the most recent year or the past three years must be over 3 million New Taiwan Dollars, the average total amount of import and export transactions must exceed 500,000 US Dollars, or the average commission for agency services must be over 200,000 US Dollars.

• Those who have established a representative office of a foreign company with the permission of the central authority in charge of the relevant industry and have work performance. However, if it has been established for less than one year, the work performance will be exempted.

• The employer has made substantial contribution to the domestic economic development. Alternatively, has a special circumstance that is treated as a special case by the central competent authority after consultation with the authority concerned at the central government level.(Ref. Lao-Zhi-Fa-Guan-Zi No. 11005117181 dated August18, 2021.)

WDA website seems as if it’s having issues currently, here is the link for when it starts working again: https://ezworktaiwan.wda.gov.tw/en/cp.aspx?n=466A8E8ECBA497DB

1 Like