Work permit with no Degree only experience

Looking or a little help. I have secured a good paying job in Taiwan through the help of a friend (future partner). My concern is applying for my work permit. The job is in sales for an electronics testing lab. I do not have a college degree but have over 8+ yrs experience in sales and working with big American companies (i.e Honda, Yamaha US). The company is looking to expand their business to more US based companies that manufacture in Asia. I remember someone at one point stating that they will take years of experience in lieu of a degree. can anyone elaborate on this? This is a great opportunity with great pay and incentives. Please help!

As far as I know, in order to get a work permit, you need either:

• a master’s degree
  • a bachelor degree + 2 years working experience
  • 5 years working experience

So it shouldn’t be a problem for you to get a work permit.

Hi guys,

I was checking the forum and found some posts that 5 years work experience without bachelor are enough to get a work permit.
I was also checking hirecruit.nat.gov.tw/english/html/faq_02.asp and it mentions 5 years work experience + “special performance”
I got a few job offers from companies in Taiwan and they would hire me as a Linux Administrator, but the problem is the work permit.

Has anyone obtained a work permit with 5 years + work experience here?

Thanks,

[quote=“shellox”]Hi guys,

I was checking the forum and found some posts that 5 years work experience without bachelor are enough to get a work permit.
I was also checking hirecruit.nat.gov.tw/english/html/faq_02.asp and it mentions 5 years work experience + “special performance”
I got a few job offers from companies in Taiwan and they would hire me as a Linux Administrator, but the problem is the work permit.

Has anyone obtained a work permit with 5 years + work experience here?

Thanks,[/quote]

Yes, I did. But I had to get a letter for each employer going back over the five year period (lucklily, this was only one employer for me), confirming my experience in that particular area. THey wouldn’t just take your word for it, prove was required.

Good luck

[quote=“TheTruthIsOutThere”]Yes, I did. But I had to get a letter for each employer going back over the five year period (lucklily, this was only one employer for me), confirming my experience in that particular area. THey wouldn’t just take your word for it, prove was required.

Good luck[/quote]
There are actually few people on the flob who have taken the 5 years experience route and talked about it on the forum. So there’s a bit of a shortage of information.
Was it very difficult to take this route? Did the experience letters suffice or did you need to show tax documents too?

Something interesting I would like to add: I know a guy who worked full-time (for some of the time)while he was doing his bachelors degree, and tried to use some of those years to take the 5-year route with the Labor Affairs office. But they said no-can-do. The 5 years of experience cannot include work done while at university. So in other words, if he didn’t go to university, he would have been able to get his permit, because the experience would have counted.

I don’t know if this also applies to trade schools and/or technical schools.

It was actually very easy. I just gave them the letters and it was all fine. In fact, one if the letters took a little time to arrive from the Uk but they issued the permit on the basis of a scanned copy in advance. It was all quite relaxed and they were very accommodating

Regarding tax certificate…yes, you do have to show them, but only if you were working/ paying tax in the preceding year. If you are are coming to Taiwan/ starting applying for the for it for the first time, you wouldn’t have paid any tax, and hence no certificate is required.

I believe Tax Certificates are required as a double check, to make sure tax is being paid properly when Permits are issued and vice versa.

Sorry, could you clarify; are tax certificates required from one’s home country (eg. UK, USA, etc.), or just from Taiwan, if one has worked here?

That doesn’t sound like the labor department at all… haha. I guess it depends who handles your case.

Just Taiwan. They weren’t interested to know about tax paid abroad

Very interesting. Thanks : ).