Work visa general health certificate

I will be applying for a Entrepreneurship visa when foreigners are allowed in with Work Permit.
Do I have to have a health certificate to get a visa? Does it have to be done in my country of residence or Taiwan.
MOE visa site is bit conflicting so not sure

In my experience yes, you have to do it in order to apply for your resident visa, so in your current country of residence. Not sure about the entrepreneurship visa.

The health certificate is technically just required to get the work permit not the visa necessarily

The mol will ask for proof of it. Some other government agencies might not ask for proof of it even though it’s always a requirement to have it to get a work permit.

I have a work permit! Guessing I don’t need medical?
I’m reluctant calling MOFA U.K. as they will say yes immediately.
Trouble getting one here as hospitals huge backlog and long waiting times.

It does depend on the teco office. Mine asked but I was pretty firm in my assertion that I didn’t need it. They kept saying that I was right but it was better to have it. Eventually they gave in and gave me the visa (but gave me a visitor visa that I had to later change after quarantine)

1 Like

bumping up this thread.

I’m about to relocate to work in Taipei.
My work permit didn’t require a health certificate nor did my entry visa application.

But to apply for ARC, i think i’ll need to get one ? but technically can it be done in Taipei ? as getting one from abroad also requires the certificate to be authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (at least from my country) which makes is a bit of a hassle.

Yes, but only at certain hospitals.

I did mine at Mackey hospital I believe.

Thanks for the info @meishijia
feeling a bit relieved

I did mine years ago at Cathay hospital on Renai Road

Thanks @Marco !
i’ll be researching on the list of approved hospital soon.