Working and Work Culture for Expats in Taipei

Not necessarily, but it does tend to lack originality or truly useful information about the applicant. Naturally the most important required information for local job applications are: age, weight, marital status, and of course … the photograph.

Not necessarily, but it does tend to lack originality or truly useful information about the applicant. Naturally the most important required information for local job applications are: age, weight, marital status, and of course … the photograph.[/quote]

You forgot about your blood group!

How will I know what kind of person you are if I don’t know your blood group? :unamused:

[quote=“dreamer”]You forgot about your blood group!

How will I know what kind of person you are if I don’t know your blood group? :unamused:[/quote]

An unforgivable oversight on my part. You are absolutely right, dreamer. :notworthy:

Blood type… that one makes me laugh every time. Definitely belongs high on that list.

I got asked the blood group question a lot and always received looks of suspicion when I said I didn’t have a clue.

so what is the best blood group to have? I’ve heard bad things about AB…I’m a B, but I think O blood people seem like better team players. Maybe I’ll go with O.

The cynical among us might suggest that local employers feel life-threateningly uncomfortable if not afforded the opportunity to discriminate using a [color=red]multiplicity [/color]of [color=red]irrelevant [/color]variables.

Same here.

I then usually explain that, as far as I know, most people where I come from are not aware of their blood type, and that this doesn’t seem to bother anyone very much.

In response I usually get the polite smile and nod that says “This guy does not even know his own blood type – and now he’s trying to claim that this is normal? Oh well, let’s just smile and nod and let him save face. He’s probably just a little slow, poor chap.”