Working for a UK company in Taiwan

Hi, So my company I am working for want to send me to Taiwan for under 90 days to help out with research for a taiwanese company we are partnered with, the work will involve being in the lab and training the taiwanese employees in various tests and process whilst also continuing my own R and D projects. They have assured me that I don’t need a work permit or visa for this to be legal, I am not so sure what do you think?

I won’t be employed or paid by a taiwanese company but I will still be working there?

Thanks

FYI

https://ezworktaiwan.wda.gov.tw/en/cp.aspx?n=602D9CE3DD72F51C&s=243D7E993A404388

So, I may be getting this wrong but under 30 days doesn’t need a work permit, between 30 and 90 I’m not sure what this means and over 90 needs a visa?

“The entry visa held by a foreigner shall be deemed as a work permit if the period of stay allowed by the visa is within thirty days. The entry visa shall be applied by the Taiwanese branch or foreign legal person contracted (authorized agent) if the period of stay of foreigner(s) is 31 days or more but not over 90 days, but the foreign employee’s qualification is without limit. The foreign employee should meet the qualification of specialized or technical works if the staying period is over 91 days.”

Might be overkill for 90 days, but if you meet requirements for the Employment Gold Card that could be a good way of ensuring you have work rights, and they have a very streamlined application process.

it should be work permit

if you work for a government agency or their subordinate academic research institute, or accredited university, you don’t need a work permit, iiuc.