Working on a spousal visa

I’m just curious if my spouse will be able to work in Taiwan or not.

I’m an American moving to Taiwan on a working visa next month. My wife is Malaysian and will go with me on a spousal visa, but I can’t seem to find any information about the restrictions placed on the spousal visa that she gets.

Mainly, will she be able to work at all – even part time – on that visa, seeing as how neither of us are Taiwanese? Is there a site that lays out all the restrictions on that type of visa in black and white?

Thank you very much

sorry, are you same person as Z23W24 ??
sounds like it - if yes, double posting won’t get you the desired answer
just my 2 cents …

To my knowledge, she will not be allowed to work legally, unless she can get her own visa.

marboulette

She can work around the house, cooking, cleaning and ironing as all good wives should. You can pay her a paltry allowance so she can buy new socks sometimes. :roflmao:

She can’t work legally if she’s here as your dependent and you’re not an ROC citizen. Nothing to stop her seeking work and getting her own work permit/ARC, though. Has she got a degree and all that stuff?

[quote=“marboulette”]To my knowledge, she will not be allowed to work legally, unless she can get her own visa.

marboulette[/quote]

I used the wrong choice of words above. She will need her own work permit but I used the word “visa” instead. What sandman said in better words.

marboulette