Working without permit?

Hello,

I

Deportation is a real and present risk. That said I know of foreigners working illegally here for months while their paperwork was being processed - who ended up not getting caught.

I worked illegally for a modelling agency once. long hours and relatively low pay are to be expected. But I think you know that. Moreover, I would study Chinese for 6 months before starting to work. Many of your future colleagues (?) don’t speak English.

[quote]However, we know that Taiwanese people don

Yep!
It’s you. I’m talking about duping the governement here:
these shops that don’t give you a receipt don’t pay all taxes.
Or try to look for a flat where the owner accept to give you a monthly bill. That will make your search a lot harder.
That’s very common around here.
So I guess it’s the same for unregistered work.

I’m not saying that in every taiwanese there’s a sleeping criminal.
Relax.

Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Taurus

[quote=“Borutesu_Faibu”][quote]However, we know that Taiwanese people don

Working without permit is the safest and most lucrative way to do it. Your boss can fire you any time he or she likes with or without you having an ARC. You are a foreigner which means you have no rights. If your boss has control of your ARC, they can have you barred for at least a year.
I have never known anyone deported for working illegally in Taipei. It is a little more common down south but still unusual. I meet people every day that have been blacklisted by their previous owner after they stopped working. The best they can do is get a landing visa. Many even fulfill the contract only to find that the school they were working for doesn’t want them around anymore.
eslcafe.com/forums/job/viewtopic.php?t=2076

I work and teach legally in every respect and I find it appauling to see the number of foreign “English” teachers in town here who can’t carry on a conversation in English. These “teachers” don’t have permits and even if they could get one I for one would never hire them. Still the government turns a blind eye to what is going on and the children are the ones who really suffer.

Oh, the freedom of not having a permit - ha!!! An excuse for all those who can’t hack it or refuse to work well. They just pack up at a moments notice and leave the school in the lurch. Not in my school but I know that it happens.

Actually because I am married to a Taiwanese I don’t need a permit tied to my employer, I am free, but I don’t take that as an excuse to be an unreliable pain in the A$$.