World Baseball Classic?

Anyone planning to watch Taiwan’s games in the World Baseball Classic? Know a good place to go that’s planning to show the games?

Here’s the schedule for the first round:

Fri. March 3 11:30 am vs. South Korea
Sat. March 4 6:00 pm vs. Japan
Sun. March 5 11:00 am vs. China

Assuming Taiwan loses to Japan and wallops China, everything rides on the Korea game, so I’m looking to knock off work by 11:30 that day to see the game. Anyone other than me getting worked up over this?

I am watching the China vs. Japan game.

Japan is winning 16-0

:banana: :yay: :moon:

I don’t know why they’re having this tournament. Everyone knows that the Dominican Republic is the best.

The Tavern Premier in Taipei will show all the Pool A (Asian Group) games live, details on our website www.tavern.com.tw

Any local stations playing the WBC?

I just finished watching the Japan-Korea game on TVBS.

Korea won 3-2.

Great game.

I just finished watching the Japan-Korea game on TVBS.

Korea won 3-2.

Great game.[/quote]

Hilights? Play by play…come on Lobo. Expose the starsm the thrilling moments.

Chou.

World Baseball Classic on ESPN DSTV SOUTH AFRICA

PLLUS 6 HOURS FOR TAIWAN TIME

Date: 03 Mar 2006
Time: 05:00
Genre: Baseball

16 nations take to the diamond in the inaugural World Baseball Classic to determine which country can rightly lay claim to the title of

Satellite of Love…

:bravo:

You have just made me a fan of South Afircan baseball. I’ll be folowing the Dutch too. Pity about Taiwan’s early exit.

Chou

Thank you

:canada: Beat the U.S. 8-6

:bravo:

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]:canada: Beat the U.S. 8-6

:bravo:[/quote]

:loco:

Yeah right. The next thing you’ll tell me is that the US can’t win the gold medal in Olympic basketball.

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]:canada: Beat the U.S. 8-6

Ha! U.S. suck. It’s Wayne Gretzky’s fault.

[quote=“alidarbac”][quote=“Lo Bo To”]:canada: Beat the U.S. 8-6

:loco:

Yeah right. The next thing you’ll tell me is that the US can’t win the gold medal in Olympic basketball.[/quote]

Or Canada can’t win the gold in Olympic hockey.

USA 4 Japan 3

They wuz robbed.

Apparently they’re using minor-league umpires, with 22 of the 32 coming from the States.

Okay, it’s just the first time, but if they really want to make this into a legitimate international event, equal to rugby or hockey (forget the world cup) they’re going to have to fix that, plus the scheduling and the release of Major League players

Great game yesterday with Korea and Japan. I think it ended up 2-1. I think Korea is unstoppable. Their fielding is impeccable.

Apparently some of that teams players have been playing together since little league.

So the final four are Korea, Japan, Dominican Republic and Cuba.

Korea and Japan will have a rematch tomorrow. Should be a great game.

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]Great game yesterday with Korea and Japan. I think it ended up 2-1. I think Korea is unstoppable. Their fielding is impeccable.

Apparently some of that teams players have been playing together since little league.

So the final four are Korea, Japan, Dominican Republic and Cuba.

Korea and Japan will have a rematch tomorrow. Should be a great game.[/quote]

Yeah,for the third time in the competition- meanwhile, the Caribbean countries have been playing each other again and again.

Okay, the schedule was set up to help the US get as far as possible in the (supposedly) weaker Asian/North American Group, plus avoid the demographic nightmare of a Cuba-Dominican Final, but still…

If they want respectability they’re going to have to fix the schedule and face the fact- surprising to me- that the USA is not the dominant power that they thought it would be

Some great games, though…

Japan wins WBC 10-6 over Cuba. :bravo:

Ichiro is the best baseball player in the World. :beer:

The US needs to learn how to field groundballs, catch flyballs, hit the cutoff man, run the bases, hit with runners in scoring position . . .

:fume: :grandpa: