🌏 World | Best Countries for Expats

… is the name of this video.

And Taiwan is number…

Here’s my list:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states

I just went ahead and ordered it alphabetically, since it seems like these lists are always just randomly thrown together in order to make a few cents off the internet money printing machine.

For those who don’t get youtube or have time to watch the video, it says China is #1, and Taiwan is not on the list.

China has shit internet.

Awesome :slight_smile: Wonder if the CCP made the movie to encourage bignoses to go live there, or just want to make the point that Taiwan doesn’t exist?

China has shit internet.[/quote]

You mean it has “shiternet”?
If I can wax Laheysian for a moment

No goddam ray-cons. (Well … maybe the chuanr-B-Q guy at my front gate knows summin, but he ain’t talking).

Taiwan could never make a list like this because so many expats have migrated to China.

Hey! Over here! I did that!

China: Oligarchical government, horrible pollution, censored internet, rude cops, expensive visas, food cooked in cutter oil, overpriced tourist attractions. No idea how it could be No. 1.

Yep, when I’m queueing for the Great Wall (oh and it is), I ponder those oligs, how much my company paid for my visa and how I can’t watch youtube without a simple free vpn.

And we got fieldschina.com

If you can suck up the pollution, then it’s a fuck sight easier to live here than most places. I don’t care: I’ve lived in polluted Asian shitholes mosta my life.

More money in teaching, for sure.

Awesome :slight_smile: Wonder if the CCP made the movie to encourage bignoses to go live there, or just want to make the point that Taiwan doesn’t exist?[/quote][quote=“zender”]For those who don’t get youtube or have time to watch the video, it says China is #1, and Taiwan is not on the list.[/quote]

You guys get it. I just wanted to disappoint those that still need outside validation.

Yeah the video have some points but is mostly full of shit.

Well, it’s got Australia, NZ, USA, France, Canada, Italy, Spain, even Belgium. Most of the places I’d rather live (but HK, UAE, Saudi Arabia: WTF?) and UK and Ireland! Crap weather was mentioned.

Mexico!

And I’m from Mexico.

The speaker can hardly articulate his words, the list is BS, and the reasoning does not make good sense from anyone that travels and knows these countries.

from the gap between those who have and those who don’t.

China is no one…

Sorry, that should read number.one.

Awesome!

I think right now the best Country is Malaysia. Check the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Programme.

I have heard nice things from friends in KL, but expensive booze and kooky Musim bullshit makes me think twice.

You probably need to look at the career angle. Although China may not be a lot of people’s cup of tea it’s an exciting place to be business-wise. Whereas Taiwan has better quality of life but can be very frustrating place if you’re trying to climb “the ladder”. Most MNC’s are down to rep offices or hollowed out so much there is one to no expats.

Don’t think so. Crime is bad here so you need to live in a very secure community which coyld change at any moment as incompetence rules here. You need a car for anything as public transport is non-existent or decrepit. KL is super inconvenient. Can’t walk ftom area to area, but not enough parking so even doing something simple can take hours. You also need to plan everything to not coincide with morning, lunch, and evening rush hour.

Internet is expensive, slow and censored. Services are generally first world priced and third world in delivery. A common headache is for someone to finish 90% of the job and then make you wait months for the finish.

As DD said, there is a creeping Islamification going on, with a resulting brain drain, and you simply have no idea what is going on here with the lack of media freedom.

Malaysia is a very repressive place.

Oh and just wait till you fly into KLIA2 on Air Asia. Most incompetently built airport ever.