WORLD CUP! Who will WIN?

Brits??? Just the Ingerlund.
Oh 3 Lions in the Dirt
Jules Rimet`s Still Whining
36 more Years of Hurt

I cannot understand people sitting down for an hour and a half to watch 22 effeminate millionaires prance about crying and whingeing and pretending to fall over “ooh I’ve hurt my leg”, and then the score is nil-all.

I am delighted to say that I have never played football in my life nor attended a game. My school had three rugby teams and no football team. How macho and character forming was that ?

Hexuan, you made some good points. If you get a chance though, have a look at Aussie Football. No throwing or heading the ball, no crying when you fall, no send off rule, no pads, no low scoring games. Pretty much the greatest game in the world. If anybody get a chance to head down under, watching a game of Aussie Rules is a must. btw, bad luck to all the Poms out there, your 100 odd years of sporting underachievments looks set to continue … hahha

Aussie rules seems very like Gaelic football. My uncle played Gaelic in Ireland until it was found out he also played rugby (a “foreign” game, you see and the GAA wouldn’t let you play “foreign” sports and Irish ones at the same time - this may have now changed) and then he played Aussie rule sin Melbourne for a while. I have watched a few games in the past. I especially like it when the animals run up into the stands of the auditorium and eat the spectators.

Just looking back over the posts here. Looks to me like I’m going to take the kitty.