World gym Elite membership

Hi, I have 2 years contract of a elite membership in gym world Taipei. But you can use it anywhere and world gym express (you can go any of the world gym branch beside in the 101).
I have financial difficulties that force me to stop my current membership, I have been a member for 4 months so there still 20 months to go.
It’s 1488/month with unlimited access.

And if the world gym allow I can even give you 1 free hours with the one to one training.
You only have to pays for the transfer fees which around 1000ntd and go with me to the world gym in 國父紀念館(memorial hall MRT)

Please send me an email if you interested :slightly_smiling_face: then0lusia@gmail

That’s rough. You might look into their force majeure policy to see if you can cancel due to what may be 2020 finally happening in Taiwan (ie, this week’s possible covid outbreak)

That is really cheap by the way, thought it would be more

Sorry to revive this thread but … anybody want to sign over their (World) gym membership to me? I need the type where you can go to any World Gym, but even if you do not have that, we may be able to upgrade your membership to allow that when I take it over.

Same question ^^^. Anybody want to get rid of their World Gym membership?

It appears Shopee sells one-month cards to go to World Gym and even the most expensive type is under 1000NTD.

What are the downsides over getting a regular membership?

What are you searching to find them? I can’t find much

Looking for “world gym”. Here is one:

Opening it only works on mobile though.

Is that one for all world gym locations?

Weirdly that one doesn’t show up for me. If you can, send me a link haha

That one seems to be for all world gym locations in “city area”. I think that means Taipei and Taipei county at least.

Shopee World Gym Link

1 Like

thank you. Seems to be available for the one near my work and home. My company will give me a $500 refund on gym expenses per month but I didn’t want to sign a contract with world gym and my current gym (being fit) which is pay per entry doesn’t give receipts.

I do not like contracts on principle. I do not see what the downside is to getting this coupon though since it is even cheaper than a contract. Maybe it is a hassle to get the coupon redeemed.

Looks like a scam to get people into a store and then try to upsell.

Probably worth it if you can actually get a month without any commitment or hardcore sales tactic.

1 Like

It looks like you can only buy it once, after that I guess they try to upsell you

Just once? Oh that might explain it. Did you see that in the small print after you opened the link?

Pay per entry gyms will turn out to be more expensive than contracts if you go 3 days a week. I think they charge about 100 or so per entry.

Yeah, although could probably register one with foreign passport and then register another one with Taiwan NHI card which only has my Chinese name, so that’s two months at least. Might be able to register a third one using my old NHI card which has my old ID number, but not sure the legality of that…

I figure there has to be a caveat on this.

I’m paying 1388 but it allows use of all gyms in the north, plus towel service. It’s very handy if you need to shower out there.

You are speaking in general or do you mean World Gym? Do World Gym allow you to pay per entry? I might just do that a couple times per month. I can go outside to run on other days.

No world gym does not allow pay per entry. Well they do but it’s 600. Every so often they’ll have trial membership which is free for 2 weeks though.

The startup cost (which they say goes towards insurance and such) do often get waived but there’s still a 1000nt cost, plus you must pay the first and last month membership due in the contract up front. They’ll work with you if you don’t want to or can’t pay all that up front.

Elite membership is not worth it. There are only two elite gyms in all of Taiwan, one of them being the one on the 6th floor of Taipei 101. I think people only go for the prestige.

The wg at Taipei main station is really good though, great view at the aerobic machines.

I hate paying the cost but not having liver failure is worth it.

In the end I decided to just register for world gym membership with 40 locations (although I only wanted 2), $1588 per month on a 12 month contract, plus a one off fee of $14. Could bring the monthly down to $1388 if I signed a 3 year contract, which I didn’t want to do. They also took a one month deposit, which I’ll get back at the end of the 12 months. My company will reimburse me $500 per month, so I’m actually paying $1088 per month, which beats the roughly $2200 a month I’m paying to go every weekday at Being Fit pay as you go, plus I’ll be able to go on weekends now, which I couldn’t do previously. So I’m saving about $1100 a month and getting access to a better gym, and can go near work or at my home.

2 Likes