World Series 2004 predictions

Alright. The stage is set. Let’s roll into Fenway. I could have used a little less drama along the way but I’ve got two days to bring the blood pressure back down and ice the nerves. Man, what a ride :happybiker:

Check that, on second thought let’s GET THE HELL OUT OF FENWAY :wall:

Red Sox Nation rules. These newspaper headlines say it all.
Boston takes the series 4-0 very soon…

Hartford Courant (Hartford, CT)

Wow, Bosox steamrolling over the Cards?!?!?! :noway:

Kerry WINS!!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

ESPN Taiwan are idiots. I woke up at 4 am as well for the Sox game. Turns out, they showed the Yankees/Twins game at 8 am this morning, which game was not listed on their broadcast schedule available on their website (as opposed to the 4 am game that was listed). Not only this, last night I was at the Taipei Sports Bar watching the 8:30 pm ESPN replay of the Chiefs/Broncos game and the idiots at ESPN showed us the final score of the game during a 1st half commercial break.
:taz:[/quote]

You can have a cheap satellite package at home with no monthly fees and watch the games live. I have live NFL and live baseball in English, and with replays as well. It worth getting up early to watch Boston in the playoffs and the finals.

Then you can avoid the frustrations of the unreliable programming in Taiwan.

[quote]Red Sox Nation rules. These newspaper headlines say it all.
Boston takes the series 4-0 very soon…

Hartford Courant (Hartford, CT)

I’m pretty sick of the Eastern-biased stupid media.

Going into the 7th inning as Boston prepares for 4-0 sweep…

Developing. Notes from ICQ…

St. Louie Bottom 6th

• Larry Walker walked with two out. Runner on first and Albert Pujols due up.
  • Tony Womack flied out to center. None on with two out and Larry Walker due up.
  • Pinch-hitter Marlon Anderson grounded out to the pitcher on a bunt. None on with one out and Tony Womack due up.

Score: Boston 3, St. Louie 0

Boston Top 6th

• Orlando Cabrera flied out to right to end the inning.
  • Johnny Damon tripled to center with two out. Runner on third and Orlando Cabrera due up.
  • Derek Lowe grounded out to the pitcher with two out. Runner on third and Johnny Damon due up.
  • Mark Bellhorn struck out swinging. None on with one out and Derek Lowe due up.

The cards were pretty lame in the final game, not even a run, and their famed offensive game wasn’t with them for the whole series.

But what will be most remembered is not that Boston won, but that they went thru the NY Yankees after being 3 0 down and looking like losing the 4th game.

Yankees now hold the record for being the only team to be 3 up and losing a play off… and Boston set a new record of 8 straight wins in playoffs.

The sign of the Series:

"Dear Boston,

I forgive you.

Love,

The Bambino"

Held by a Cards fan at the end of game 4.

I remember sitting on my couch 18 years ago and watching the debacle against the Mets in game 6. Besting the Yanks after falling behind 3-0 and then sweeping the Cards makes the memory of '86 a mere humorous anecdote.

The real MVP of the Sox is wunderkid GM Theo Epstein who acquired Schilling and Foulke in the offseason and then made the boldest move of the year: trading away fan favorite Nomar for Cabrera, Roberts and that 1st baseman with the name I can’t spell. Roberts and Mankewietz (?) provided depth off the bench, but Cabrera proved to be a stud.

Sox and Pats, hmmm? Not a bad time to be a sports fan from New England. :beer: :beer: :bravo: :bravo: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Deadbirds and Lambs, not a good time to be a sports fan from St. Louis :cry:
2004 Cards R.I.P.