World Series 2004 predictions

Another baseball season is about to end. The playoffs are here and state which team you envision winning the whole enchilada.

Deadbirds, deadbirds, deadbirds. It’s been 22 dismal years (not as long as the flubs but at least we don’t have a curse).
If not them, then ABTY (Anybody But The Yankees).

I got up this morning at 4AM to watch the Sox-Angels game, but instead got stuck with pre-recorded triathlon shit followed by (what else) snooker. I knew the game would be played at 4AM Taiwan time and even saw in yeterday’s TT that ESPN was indeed showing playoff baseball at 4AM. Moreover as the Cards-Dodgers game (which ESPN did show) was just ending, they flashed the first inning score of the Sox game. But did they cut to the Sox game? No, that would offend the legions of Taiwanese snooker fans up at 5AM to catch some match probably played three years ago.

ESPN Taiwan are idiots. I woke up at 4 am as well for the Sox game. Turns out, they showed the Yankees/Twins game at 8 am this morning, which game was not listed on their broadcast schedule available on their website (as opposed to the 4 am game that was listed). Not only this, last night I was at the Taipei Sports Bar watching the 8:30 pm ESPN replay of the Chiefs/Broncos game and the idiots at ESPN showed us the final score of the game during a 1st half commercial break.
:taz:

I went home during lunch break to see if I could catch any of Game 2 between the Angels and the Sox and what is ESPN showing? Surely it’s not unreasonable for ESPN to show GAme 2 of that series considering they were showing Game 2 of the Twins-Yanks series earlier this morning. But no, it got pre-empted by nail-biting WNBA play-off action.

Is there someone in the ESPN office in Taiwan who personally hates me?

I went home during lunch break to see if I could catch any of Game 2 between the Angels and the Sox and what is ESPN showing? Surely it’s not unreasonable for ESPN to show GAme 2 of that series considering they were showing Game 2 of the Twins-Yanks series earlier this morning. But no, it got pre-empted by nail-biting WNBA play-off action.

Is there someone in the ESPN office in Taiwan who personally hates me?

I also got up the other day at 4AM for the Red Sox game. I really like Boston’s chances this season. Red Sox vs Yankees and Houston vs St. Louis is looking good right now. Anyone know any bars covering the games this week-end/next week? THANKS
GO CUBS 05!

ESPN Taiwan is like the Weather Channel. You never know when it will change and the play the same thing over and over again. But…

it looks like I luck out as the only game scheduled tomorrow is Dodgers vs. Cardinals. Even if I have to settle for a replay it will be fun watching the Cards bats explode. :bouncy:

U can watch all the games on the internet for $15 american. Just go to mlb.com purchase the international playoff package. Its well worth it and its in english. Obviously the picture is not as good. :bravo: to mMLB
Why can’t the NHL get there head out of there ass and do it as well. Oh thats right Gary Bettman is in charge. :help:

U can watch all the games on the internet for $15 american. Just go to mlb.com purchase the international playoff package. Its well worth it and its in english. Obviously the picture is not as good. :bravo: to MLB
Why can’t the NHL get there head out of there ass and do it as well. Oh thats right Gary Bettman is in charge. :help:

Well today was a complete disaster for me as the Cards could not close out LA and the Twinkies could not hold off the Wanks. Guess we’ll just have to stretch this op a little longer than expected. :sunglasses:

If Boston wins game 6 against the Yankees, they can win the series in a game 7 despite all the history of failed games 7’s. The Yankees are feeling too overconfident and will play that way. Come on Boston! This is your miracle year.

Wow! Got to hand it to the Sops for digging themselves out of the grave. I have to admit I figured someone already read them their last rites. Anyway, good luck in Game 7 and moving on to the Series…but 4 straight wins, not to mention playing NY on the road for the decider with some of those dead arms…oh boy. Tell you what if they do beat NY tomorrow it will be crazy in Boston.

Meanwhile, my guys got their backs against the wall. The Spacemen are playing like they are possesed and I am counting on them not making it 4 straight wins tomorrow in STL.

Play Ball!

Schilling was awesome. :bravo:

Arroyo was waking up the Bambino :astonished: until A-Rod the chump bailed him out with a little league move. :thanks:

And, Foulke brought us home. :beer:

Game 7 - this is why I save my sick days at work. :slight_smile:

6 outs away from the REd Sox in the World Series :notworthy:

Why did they put Pedro in? Lowe was doing fine. I hope they don’t fuck it up.

Congratulations! Now let’s all hope for a repeat of the '67 series :smiley:

Game 1: NY 10

Man, I’d hate to be a Yankee right now :astonished:

I think A-Rod is going to wish he was back with the Rangers after the next few days.

nypost.com/sports/30761.htm

oooh man oooh man!!! Wow! This is awesome! They beat the Yankees! Too bad for Nomar Garciappara! Hehe :smiley: Okay now let’s reverse the curse and win the world series!