World Super Power Question

Who would you rather have as the only Super Power?

• Nazi Germany
  • United States of America

0 voters

Hey,

As a simple person who will probably never change the course of history and only gets to VOTE in a National Election once every four years…

I just wanted to know…

Silly question, I’m not voting.

I’m not voting either. What a stupid question. :unamused:

I won’t even post a reply to this thread. :wink:

OK, OK… give the guy who started this thread a break. Its only a “stupid” question to those of us enlightened enough to be posting and discussing matters here on Segue… er, Forumosa, er, whatever this site is called now. However, if any of those morons, and there are plenty of them, who believe that there is little difference between Hitler and GW Bush are lurking, perhaps this ridiculous question will give them cause to pause and reflect.

Maybe.

There IS little difference between them – they’re both men and neither of them speak good English…

Ahem… Neither of them speak English well.

I hope that English proficiency isn’t the only criterion for judging the similarty of a particular person with Hitler! :wink:

Course not, stupid! Hitler had a moustache and GW could grow one if he wanted to. So that’s another similarity right there.

I second, third, and fourth the sentiment that this is a stupid question. Nice way to introduce yourself to the crowd there, mate.

is this site called Forumosa now? I protest! Gus, no fair!

Back to Segue, please. What the eff is going on here?

If you truly believe that this is a stupid question then I am sorry for your knee-jerk reactions and your closedmindedness. If you actually paused and gave the question a tiny bit of thought, just a tiny bit, you’d realize that there is actually quite a bit of relevant discussion to such a simple question.

Imagine if America did not enter the war in Europe in WW2.

Imagine if Britian fell to German forces w/o American intervention.

Imagine if Germany dropped two nuclear bombs first on New York and Washington instead.

Now imagine the present day world with a Nazi Germany replacing the United States as the lone super power of the world… thought provoking isn’t it??? At least I think so…

I don’t like American “Imperialism” as much as the next person, but as of now I would not like to have any other country in the world other than the U.S. of A. as the world’s strongest police man. At least with a country like the United States you can change leaders if you don’t like them, call people morons on message boards if you don’t like their questions…

But there are many countries around that world right now screaming “Where are the American’s? How come they don’t come help us?”, yet we slag them for interveening in hot topic countries like Iraq, Kuwait, Isreal, Korea, Taiwan because it coincides with their interests.

I really do fear the day the American’s finally perfect a TMD system and can finally rely on an alternative fuel source. It would mean they can finally oblige the rest of the world, hole themselves up and don’t have a single care anymore. They can finally pull themselves out of Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the United Nations. Let everyone else arm themselves to the teeth with nuclear weapons, it’s of no consequence to them anymore.

Sigh Such a simple simple simple question should invoke monumentous discussion. It’s unfortunate that some of the people here would degrade themselves to calling others ‘morons’ or ‘stupid’ and use those discussion stoppers instead of actually explaining why they think it’s stupid or moronic. :cry:

Sorry for the long post, it’s just a bit of food for thought to a ’ moron’s ’ question. I just want people to pause a little bit next time and think twice before you decide to bash American policy. Give the alternative a little bit of thought and just wonder a little more.

Imagine

Imagine there’s no heaven,
It’s easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today…

Imagine there’s no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace…

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world…

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you’ll join us,
And the world will live as one.

John Lennon

I think you need to do a bit more reading Gener. As far as your 3 imagine questions, they go like this.

1. America almost didn’t enter the war, some even thought about entering it on the German side. Do you know anything about that hateful document referred to as “The Treaty of Versailles?” Imagine if the Japanese hadn’t attacked. That would be a better question for you to answer.

2. Britian almost did fall. American intervention gave them the necessary material and goods to keep the good fight going.

3. This whole atomic bomb thing is highly overrated as far as the terms of death. Now before you have a hissy fit, sit down and read some history. Japan had a million man army in China referred to as the GuangDong army. They were self sufficient. Taking Iwa Jima, Saipan, and Okinawa was enough to show the US what kind of casualties(mostly civilian too) both sides would of sustained if the conflict was prolonged and moved into China. Argue what you like, but by the numbers less people died from “little boy” and “fatman” than if the conflict would of been prolonged and entered into the main island of Japan and Mainland China.

There is no relevant discussion about this topic, because your grasp of history is flawed and imperfect. You can’t talk about and use WW2 as an example unless you really know about it. The short answer is even if the US hadn’t entered the war the Soviet Union would have countrolled all of Europe and not just those unfortunate countries of the Warsaw pact. The soviets had the manufacturing capability and manpower to decimate Germany. By 1944 they had at least 100 artillery pieces for every kilometer of war front. Tiger tanks though practically invincible have problems when they are being charged by more T-72’s intent on ramming them and shooting them in their rear armor. Japan would of taken all of Asia and fought Australia to a stalemate, if not defeated them.

The problem of comparing Nazi Germany with the US in its current state is you fail to learn about the Clausewitz doctrine. Clausewitz was this fancy european guy who wrote a book about war; in it, he says war is just another instrument of the state so you could stretch out the idea to equate war with diplomacy. The US has never been a follower of the Clausewitz doctrine, the US is currently working out and defining how the Powell doctrine will work in a war against terror and in the modern world.

The US currently isn’t killing minorities in the millions yearly in a systematic program like Nazi Germany. It isn’t taking over other countries like Nazi Germany. The US is trying to show the world the right thing to do. Saddam has biological and chemical weapons, he’s used them in the past, he could use them in the future. If he uses them on Israel, would you want Israel to retaliate in a nuclear fashion? Saddam has people planning just how to deliver them into Israel. He uses them on Israel, I can assure you with their current administration(makes the White House look like a liberal hippie lovefest in comparison) they’d just love to see the horizon of Bagdahd with the outline of a mushroom cloud on it.

I can’t wait till America has a working TMD and alternative fuel source. Then we can sit back and watch the world really go to hell. It would be a lot like before WW2, when we just wanted to be left alone to do our thing. Unfortunately the Europeans couldn’t handle it then and they still can’t handle it now. North Korea is a problem situation, but you don’t see anyone else doing a damn thing about it.

I hope this explains why it is a stupid question. As usual its a liberal who offers no other solution. You liberal guys have got to go back to your think tanks and start coming up with better more relevant answers than what you’ve been doing. At the rate the liberals are going in the US, I’ll have to start my own liberal think tank with like minded individuals to keep the balance in America. This is why the democrats are faring so poorly. They attack the solution without providing one of their own

CYA
Okami

Damn it!

This is stupid!

I’m not voting!

I don’t think anyone called you a moron, Gener. I just though the question lacked sophistication. Using Nazi Germany as a basis for comparison with the modern US seemed to suggest that the two were of the same ilk.

My two cents: Yep, it’s a really stupid question.

And no, I’m not voting. :unamused:

I think Gener was pointing out the contrast… not the comparison.

That does it - I’m startin’ my own country and all the toys belong to me!

I think Gener was pointing out the contrast… not the comparison.[/quote]

Yes, I realized that after reading his second post. My post here was written in the past tense, from which you can infer that I was referring to my initial reaction to his question. My current thinking is that I misread his question. I think I am not alone in this.