🌏 World Travel | Affordable Vacation ideas

Hey guys, I’m thinking of going somewhere for a couple of days of RnR next month. I’m hoping to spend about 3-4 days somewhere flying from Taipei. My ideas so far are Vietnam (had a great time in Hoi An last summer), Thailand (I have a friend there), or maybe cambodia. Any idea from past trips that won’t break the bank to go to?

Kanchanaburi

All those places are expensive to go from Taiwan particularly Vietnam and Cambodia (minimum about 15K / roundtrip). I would vote for Philippines.

Hi Andrew,

If you have been in Vietnam already, go for another solutions. I lived in Cambodia I can give you some nice suggestions there, even though the flights might be a little bit more expensive than other destinations, cost of life is not! Thailand always nice but where exactly? Philippines (Borracay) is nice as well, but to reach the island from Taipei you’ll need to fly to Kalibo or Cariclan, take a bus for several hours, reach the port and take a boat, than by bus reach your hotel. It will take around 6 hours the whole transfer from Taipei to Borracay so it depends on how much time you have! I work in a travel agency here in Taiwan, if you need some quotations let me know the exact period (maybe on a private message)! Cheap flights from Taipei also to Japan and Korea… don’t know if you are interested!

You can fly directly to Siem Reap and do four days in Angkor Wat. Flights are not that expensive if you check Kayak.com

I just went on a diving vacation to Bohol Philippines.
@comfy just left for New Zealand.
@Mataiou not sure but was in Thailand.
@justintaiwan came back to Taiwan from Aus.

So costs for my vacation were Taipei Manila . Manila Panglao on Philippines Airlines. 30kg luggage allowance great as my kit and clothes is around 24kg. NT$12k return
I stayed at Casa Nina Resort. NT$12,660 for 10 nights. Really good value.

Did 30 dives which cost me NT$23,800k Peso 43K
Rented a Suzuki 125 cc for ten days for NT$2k
So all I had after that was food costs and some days fruit for breakfast, all the dives had lunch on the boat. So maybe NT$5k didn’t check exactly.

Other costs were HSR from Taichung to Toayuan business class then MRT to Airport. NT$2100

So that’s just one person. My wife doesn’t dive so doesn’t come with me on dive vacations. Thing is 30 dives in Taiwan would cost me more than my total vacation costs to Bohol. That would not include a place to stay or food costs.

5 Likes