World's most negative and world's happiest places?

Icon, do you agree ? :sunglasses:
Happiest

Paraguay
Panama
Guatemala
Mexico
El Salvador

Most Negative

Chad
Niger
Sierra Leone
Iraq
Iran

Chad sounds like a tough place to be.

BBC News - World is angry and stressed, Gallup report says

Have you heard of the Mexican drug war?

3 Likes

Well, you’re feckin here, so I guess that part of your search is over, yeah? :+1:

They’re all high probably.

1 Like

Latin Americans seem to be easy going by nature.

Except when you get on their bad side of course.

Anyway, these polls are bunk because no one is visiting every country, and there’s no true quantitative way to objectively measure happiness on a macro level. These happiest countries change every month. First, Bhutan, then Sweden, then New Zealand, now Paraguay… what a bunch of clickbait baloney.

2 Likes

I think people living in difficult situations often appear quite happy. But yea, Mexico has some very serious violence going on, its behind full on war zones like Syria and Iraq, but that’s not saying much

It’s interesting though.
Maybe the average person really is happier in those countries?
Kind of doubt it in the case of El Salvador though.

1 Like

Quite possibly, when not falling foul of the various pitfalls.

I spent few summers down in south and Central America. Places like Nicaragua and Costa Rica volunteering. And honestly they do look pretty happy, especially since they aren’t living the life of luxury and all.

From the same report:

Well they obviously didn’t ask the Forumosans.

2 Likes

Surely the “world’s most negative place” is forumosa, isn’t that right @Gain .:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

It’s negative enough.

Though my Facebook feeds have been even more negative since the elections.

3 Likes

Uk , USA or Taiwan elections ?

My fb feed has been sucking big time since the US prez election. Basically two groups talking past each other non-stop. And for a few friends, it’s all politics.

1 Like

I lost a few friends over the election. That’s okay, no one super close. Mostly people I haven’t seen since college or high school.

1 Like

American identity politics gets tiring .

Stick this up on your Facebook and have some laughs.

https://youtu.be/RaaZsBxWeiQ

1 Like

I won’t unfriend anybody because of politics. It is a bit freaky, though, seeing how much some of them have changed from the days hanging out, getting drunk (and other things) together, etc.

I wonder how much it is they’ve changed, and how much it’s a matter of us feeling less inhibited sharing our more controversial views due to social media.

2 Likes

Why would they care about UK and US elections?