World's safest (and unsafest airlines) named. Guess who is last?

Yes, you are more likely to die on the way to/from the Airport after being taken out by one of the kamikaze drivers on the Freeway to/from Taoyuan (and other cities/countries as well).

This is one reason I used to avoid the EVA earlier morning arrival flights from North America. One taxi ride in the mid 2000s around 5:00 am with a barely awake driver weaving around the elevated turns of Highway 1, at times appearing to nod off . . . it’s possible that might be the most frightening thing I have experienced!

Guy

2 Likes

Not to mention the others though who blast by at warp speed, zigzagging from one lane to the other to get home from a night out and change for work - where they will snooze for most of the day.

And in the daytime it’s the dreaded blue truck.

1 Like

CI agreed to Boeing sending engineers over to review their maintenance and safety procedures after the America FAA threatened to ban CI from flying into America destinations.

The engineers reports are the stuff of legend. Apparently.

2 Likes

The legendary @Mucha_Man posted a similar story, but involving—if I remember this correctly—his father visiting from Canada in his capacity as an Air Canada worker witnessing what he saw CI doing in its maintenance division in the 1990s. It was apparently harrowing. :grimacing:

Guy

2 Likes

Yes, and who cares about safety if you can have those awesome Korean instant noodles on the flight.

AVML is always Indian food on every airline I’ve flown.