Would You Eat This? or Meat Without Cruelty

Omnivores could also save cruelty to animals by considering this alternative. Would you omnivores consider eating this? I know vegetarians wouldn’t.

eathufu.com/home.asp

I couldn’t imagine a govenment of farming based countries allowing the laboratory grown-meat commercially. Agricultural taxes such as fart-tax would no longer seem reasonable without farmers raising animals. Another way of taxing an entire industry in the name of “protecting the ozone layer” would take a long time to find.

They’re probably safe eating there. I’d bet this technology is way more expensive than actually raising the animals and slaughtering them.

Bodo

There’s an old old (1950s?)Isaac Asimov story about this; a lawyer from one synthetic-meat company is testifying before a Congressional committee abut their competitor’s wildly successful new flavour.

He starts by introducing them to a new word- C-A-R-N-I-V-O-R-E; and goes on to explain to his horrified listeners the savagery of their primitive ancestors who actually killed and ate real animals-“Excuse me, Mr. Chairman, but I think Senator Jones is about to faint.”.

The last sentence is something like “and now, leaving the moral implications of our rival’s new product up to your decision, I’ll have to introduce another new word: C-A-N-N-I-B-A-L.”

Oooops…I may have been thinking of Arthur C. Clarke…read so many by both in my youth that they get confused.

I look forward to the day when they can grow a big chunka boneless chicken meat that looks and tastes like a human head.

I wouldn’t mind if the technology was used to grow exotic animal meat for consumption.

Like whale, rhino, bear, tiger, lion, etc. in a shape of two patties with sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions on a sesame seed bun.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]I wouldn’t mind if the technology was used to grow exotic animal meat for consumption.

Like whale, rhino, bear, tiger, lion, etc. in a shape of two patties with sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions on a sesame seed bun.[/quote]

The only meat I want is from your avatar, ac. You pick the best. Gimme some!

Flounder?! Flounder?! Oh, what the hell?! I’ve been a good boy for too long.

A prime example of why human cloning should not be made available. Could you image the damage a twisted person could cause by cloning high school girls to live out some perverse fantasy.

I guess you guys just don’t get it. Growing meat cells is good, growing human cells is bad. Don’t ask why.

I’ve heard that human meat tastes like pork.

I recall reading from that book about the South American soccer team who crashed in the Andes that uncooked human flesh tastes a bit like lamb.

[quote=“Andre”]I’ve heard that human meat tastes like pork.[/quote] There’s a song by the band The Stranglers from the early eighties called “Meninblack” The song vocally and lyrically sounds like it’s possibly a bunch of aliens talking. One line of the song is ‘Human flesh is porky meat’

I wouldn’t eat it but I think it’s GREAT that at least animals won’t have to suffer for it.

Meat just doesn’t tast the same without the fear.

The Affront

Surely you meant that in a cruelty-free way