Would you get laser eye surgery done in US/Canada or Taiwan?

would you get laser eye surgery done in US/Canada or Taiwan?

• US/Canada
  • Taiwan

0 voters

would you get laser eye surgery done in US/Canada or Taiwan?
What are the pros/cons?

Patient is currently looking for correction of myopia(-7.5 or -8.0 with astigmatism)

From what I have heard the surgery done in Taiwan is not only more skillful, but also far cheaper. I have spoken with a few people that have had it done here with no problems.
My wife’s ex boyfriend used to live in Taiwan and went back to the states to have his done. A couple of years of dizziness and bad eye sight was what he got for his thousands of U.S. dollars. He eventually came back to Taiwan to have it redone and everything was fine after that.
I can only imagine that because of the larger percentage of people here requiring glasses, that the doctors must get more practice in Taiwan, coupled with the relatively cheaper costs of equipment and setup costs, this seems to make Taiwan number one for surgery and deals on glasses.

Apparently, 85% of Taiwanese people are nearsighted.

Very curious. As compared to about 25% in the U.S.

The technology and procedures are now mature enough that my eye surgeon friend at Ren Ai hospital would feel confident in recommending having it done here, and he’s very conservative about this kind of elective procedure on something as important as your eyes. So that’s good enough for me. Just remember that your vision may continue to deteriorate after the surgery, so you might end up spending all that money only to have to wear glasses again later.

Hey creamypanda,

Love your name, btw. Here’s the thread on laser eye surgery. Scroll through and read [color=green]Truant[/color]'s report. He’s very honest and trustworthy.

[quote=“914”]Hey creamypanda,

Love your name, btw. Here’s the thread on laser eye surgery. Scroll through and read [color=green]Truant[/color]'s report. He’s very honest and trustworthy.[/quote]

Thanks! I’ll definitely read that thread carefully. Guess I should have used the “search” function… :smiley: