I was wondering if there were people who were interested in learning/teaching an African language out there. Even though African languages are not among the top international languages, there must be people who would like learn one for one of the following reasons:
- it might be important for business reasons
- you might be a linguist
- you might want to learn about your ancestral herritage
- you might be planning to move to Africa
- you might be from Africa but have no or little knowlege of African languages
- you might be an African who would like to learn a second African language
- you might be an interesting person
- you might want to speak to Nelson Mandela in his mother tongue
I decided not to post this in the language exchange section, because I’d like to read other people’s points of view on the subject.
We could easily start an African language group.
Not one of the top international languages are from Africa. African themselves communicate in English, French and Portuguese.
It’s a pitty.