Would you recommend online trading via Bank of America Merrill Lynch over Fidelity or Schwab?

I am asking for a friend who has a Bank America bank account in the US. She currently has only a physical BAML account, and it is not connected online. She would like to setup internet trading while she is living in Taiwan.

If you have a BAML account and are trading stocks while you are in Taiwan, please let us know:

1. What are the pluses and minuses of trading using a Bank America Merrill Lynch platform?

2. Would you recommend Bank America Merrill Lynch over Fidelity or Charles Schwab?

3. Why or why not?

4. Is it difficult to set up by phone and Internet from Taiwan a Bank America trading account?

5. Any pointers or suggestions?

It’s all about the fees and what stocks/funds she can buy.
I use Fidelity (U.S.). Fee is stupidly low at under $10 per trade for ANY size, big or small. Obviously, bigger trades are worth that cost. It may be now $2 per trade, because I’ve held my positions for so long, that I don’t know how cheap a trade is. They’ve cut it many times, to be as cheap as possible.

1 Like

TDAmeritrade have great customer service & free trades.

1 Like

Fidelity has 0 trade fees at the moment. It used to be around $7. If I remember correctly. I think they went free in 2020. Not sure

1 Like

yes. think it might have gone to zero, as the last position I put on was years ago at $7. thanks

1 Like