Xindian neighborhood housing

This thread could be about anyone trying to find a good living situation…nice neighbourhood, decent apartments, affordable rent, easy commute into the city. In some ways it’s very general rather than just about XinDian.

3 Likes

What did you go with in the end? Xindian looks interesting because of MRT and the surrounding area looks green according to google maps’ satellite image.

On a related note, the upcoming opening of the Ankeny line has detonated and explosive increase in house prices. Rents might follow.

1 Like

That’s the Ankeng Light Rail Line, for forumosans following at home. :grin:

Source: https://www.railjournal.com/passenger/light-rail/testing-on-taipeis-ankeng-light-rail-line-to-begin-next-year/

Guy

1 Like

It shouldn’t increase rents at all. Who is going to take it? Maybe it is good for the people who live near Sunshine Park. They can get to Xindien easier. For people the other side of Ankang road, buses will still be faster.

2 Likes

It’s very ‘hilly’.

1 Like

The buses have racing drivers!

2 Likes

Dunno but homes have made a 10 million jump. Ridiculous…yet there it is.

They don’t need people to use the ,line and live there. Just the line “adds value”.

3 Likes

Which was the main idea of the line in the first place. Its a nice line and addition for parts of ankeng, it aill be slow though and only transfers at the yellow line.
Meanwhile most of Ankeng tiwn itself is a shithole and still looks awful.

A lot of new buildings have gone up. Changed a lot in the last ten years. There is a MOS burger now. :rofl:And I wouldn’t describe the mountain communities as shitholes. Not anymore shit than the rest of taiwan anyway. Unless they are planning to build along the light rail, I just don’t get it. They built a hospital and a new school and now a light rail to those two. But the only people that would go to them are local and it isn’t more convenient. Maybe it is better for the people right at the end of the line. Will they extend it farther?

I suppose. Though traffic there, in spite of the new highway remains a nightmare, as you said, a light rail capacity is dubious.