Xindian neighborhood housing

On the move again apartment hunting. Looking for a nice area of Taipei that keeps me within reasonable distance of the centre but in a new modern building in natural clean settings that is good value for money. My work is entirely online so no need to commute to work. I don’t need any bars or entertainment venues. So far Xindian seems to be a candidate. I don’t mind as far as the last MRT stop in that area. Budget max $16000 NT. For a single bedroom with kitchen facilities. Is that doable?

2 Likes

It’s doable , best bet is to walk around and look for adverts on buildings.

1 Like

or use 591

Just about doable given your budget Will take some looking.

From 8 to 15k, yep, single bedroom also known as taofang, window and “kitchen” conditions may vary. Prices have gone through the roof, but the places haven’t improved.

Now, if commute ain’t a biggie, may I suggest up the hill, from Beiyi road up to Zhongxing road section 1, even Ankeng (since the light rail is supposedly opening next month…ish)? Lovely places there, bigger, with natural light, even gardens and other amenities.

From the last stop, a little walk across the bridge, really nice stuff.

Do take care to seek separate abode, not with the landlord nor those split units where there is a common entrance (translation: they took an apartment and rent out rooms individually), especially if you pay jointly for electricity and other services. That is a big headache down the line.

4 Likes

Thank you for a very thoughtful response. Do you mean the last stop on the MRT? I have never actually been to this area.

Yep. Xindian. Anything up the hills would be cheaper and nicer, especially if you do not have to do rush hour daily commute.

1 Like

I may need to go into Taipei proper a couple of times a week for shopping etc other than that a peaceful quiet apartment in a similar building and area would suit me fine. I am looking at Xindian as I think it maybe better value for money for what you pay and what you get.

Bit more spacious, yes. I am horrified at what passes for acceptable dwelling these days, though, especially in Taipei proper.

The issue is that you have to move fast. Look beyond 591. I recommend Tsui Mama and the neighborhood real estate agencies.

2 Likes

It’s getting much more expensive than it used to be and there are not many legit 1 bdrom apts available. Xiao Bitan could be what you are looking for…Or Bitan area. Check 591, get the MRT out and explore.

Also recommend you to check out in Tamshui…Many more new apartments are available compared to Xindian. Except for Tamshui you will struggle to find any new(er) apartments in the Taipei area.

2 Likes

It seems Tamshui would be quite a bit further from the centre. That could be a factor in my decision. I wonder why the prices are going up.

1 Like

In Xindian…Google…HTC…new shopping center.
Preference of people to commute by MRT instead of living outside and driving. Yes Tamshui is further out. If you like bars in East area of Taipei xindian also isn’t great. However it’s quick into Gongguan and Kuting…
It’s a happy medium but again if you like partying you want to live closer to Taipei city IMHO. $$$$

1 Like

I do not go to bars and definitely not into partying. Lol. Just need a very peaceful and quiet existance. Need to be relatively close to Taipei for necessities. Shopping etc.

1 Like

Xizhi district or Xike near nangang high speed
Also from shizhi got train station you reach Taipei city center for fast than in mrt

Any nice areas with good value apartments there?

1 Like

Looks good. I will definitely check it out. Thanks.

Yes, but even higher humidity than Xindian, if that is even possible.

Same problem with Beitou: lovely but the air will kill your electronics.

Tamsui: new developments, close to the beach, far from the city.

Also, I’d like to know: decent ham and cheese involve trips downtown even in Xindian. How about exotic foreign goods in Xizhi and beyond?

1 Like

Costco and Carrefour it’s there

1 Like