XXL full-face helmet

I bought the largest full-face helmet I could find in Kaohsiung (an “ASIAN FIT XL” AGV from Yaoma), but it’s slightly too small for my fat foreign face, and becomes painful after an hour.

Does anyone know where I could find a larger full-face helmet? Yaoma said they could order one, but it would take up to two months to arrive(!).

I’m in Kaohsiung but I can travel to any of the HSR cities to get one. I thought Taipei may have more options?

1 Like

I got mine here, you can try them on. Great selection of helmets, but the high end imports aren’t the cheapest option in town…

2 Likes

You can give this place a try also, its quite new so not on street view yet,
they are more retro styling but have the full face scrambler style also.

1 Like

Brilliant, thank you!

1 Like

Excellent, will have a look here too! Thanks!

I keep considering getting myself one of these to try, a bit safer than the potty I normally use.

1 Like

Sheesh, glad that I’m planning on using my IDP as a temporary loophole for riding bigger bikes and taking an MSF course in the US, so I had to get an XXL round oval special ordered since my local cycle gear shop only went up to XL for round oval and XXL everything else (that still didn’t fit). Welp, looks like I’m going to have to bring my helmet with me to Taiwan as well.

RevZilla does seem to ship overseas, including Taiwan, so if all else fails they might be the answer.

1 Like

Um, I’m 99% sure that you can’t do that. There’s no loophole that I know of for larger than 50cc (your IDP should be ok for the little green plates). Where are you seeing that you can use an IDP for riding a big bike in Taiwan?

2 Likes

I don’t have my old car-only IDP in front of me, but I found a Google Image search in Mandarin that translates to “Motorcycle, regardless of whether or not it has a side car, trike, medical transport car, pure weight may not exceed 400 kg (900 lb).” Makes no mention about the amount of engine displacement.

Well, not to say that I’m gonna skip straight to the big leagues with a Yamaha YZF-R1, but it’s only 201 kg and fits the description, or even a TMAX 500 at 205 kg, but a green or even white plate still aren’t allowed on most highways/freeways.

I just don’t want to ride bh again; 2 hours on the pillion from Taichung Dali District to Sun Moon Lake each way took a lot of the fun right out of it, and well, for the sake of this topic, a half face with no wind protection drying my eyes out.

1 Like

Posting a late update in case it’s useful for anyone else. NK Design had a great selection of imported helmets. I got a full-face one for around NT$3000. A couple of months later I’m still extremely pleased with it. The staff were extremely patient too, as I tried on about 10 helmets. It was a great recommendation, thank you!

NK Design

2 Likes