Yahoo Taiwan Auctions

Anyone have any experience on the auction scene on Yahoo (pai mai). It’s kind of like e-bay but not.

My wife has been selling off anything she doesn’t want on Yahoo and is doing pretty well.

I am just wondering about if anyone, apart from that Ju zi woman, has made, I mean really made, money by auctioning stuff on Yahoo taiwan.

Anyone have any good, serious, ideas about ways that one could really make some serious cash this way.

I know a couple of people selling stuff on Yahoo and have been a little surprised at the willingness of people to send their money to complete strangers. There must be lots of people getting ripped-off.

However, I don’t know anyone who is making a living from the site. This is despite one of my acquaintances importing jewelry from Nepal and displaying around two hundred items all the time. She is not making enough to pay the rent.

The competition amongst those selling jewelry is very intense but perhaps there’s something else (other than fake brand-name clothing) that can make real money.

I don’t know about making a living flogging stuff on yahoo auction but as a buyer you can certainly pick up some great bargains. It’s safest to buy only from people who have an excellent history, otherwise you’re taking a gamble.

Internet auctioning is not going to appeal to a lot of people here simply because it is not part of the local culture. I believe that if they could market it as an Internet night market that it would be doing much better. At any rate right now it is mostly garage sale stuff that doesn

[quote=“Beachside Queenslander”]I know a couple of people selling stuff on Yahoo and have been a little surprised at the willingness of people to send their money to complete strangers. There must be lots of people getting ripped-off.
[/quote]

I sold a suit via Yahoo here and was surprised at the same thing, as well as strangers who wanted to come over and try it on. Sometimes they’d try to get me to cancel the auction if I would let them pay cash for it on the spot. In the end, the winner was some mystery person in another town, who ATM’d me the cash before I boxed and sent him the suit. It was my first auction here and I had no history.

They say Taiwan is a piracy hotbed, but when I was in the market for a real version of Pagemaker, I couldn’t believe the number of people in the US e-mailing me with offers of “backup” copies.