Year of the Sheep

Happy New Year to all of you here on Segue, but especially to our Australasian and West Country friends, who must be looking forward to the new year with just a little more fondness than the rest of us.

:wink:

Is it “Year of the Sheep” or “Year of the Ram”? “Sheep” sounds kinda wuss to me. Kind of like the “rooster/chicken” deal.

Any takers?

Thanks Alleycat… that’s awfully kind of you. :unamused:

I’ll be sure to post some pictures of my own experiences with sheep soon.

Ram, geddit?

I’d be careful about using that picture Alleycat, some people may get a little offended. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

To be picky for a moment, come February 1 it’s going to be a year of the goat – not sheep, not ram, not ewe. Goat.

While I’m at it, perhaps I can head off a few people from writing about the “Chinese lunar calendar.” The Chinese calendar is luni-solar, not lunar; otherwise, CNY would drift through the entire year and not always fall between January 21 and February 21 (inclusive).

www.pinyin.info/chinesenewyear/

Offended by a little light-hearted–albeit a little risqué and a tad recycled–humor?

Nah.

The post is after all a sincere new year’s wish.

Cranky wrote:

"To be picky for a moment, come February 1 it’s going to be a year of the goat – not sheep, not ram, not ewe. Goat. "

Allow me some poetic license, for gid’s sakes. :wink:

Anyway, the girls in the office were spamming me with cute sheep emails today, so I thought I’d return the favor. :smiling_imp:

I had to explain the Antipodean prediliction for Sheep flesh though before they caught the joke.

[quote=“Alleycat”]Offended by a little light-hearted–albeit a little risqu

JUBA, I TOLD YOU BEFORE! GET THE HELL OFF MY MOTOR BIKE AND IN FUTURE, MAKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND WEAR A HELMET! :wink:

And a Happy Hogmanay to you.

Sorry, Alleycat, I didn’t mean to sound so, um, cranky. I don’t know who pissed in my porridge yesterday, but it wasn’t anybody in this thread.

Wishing everyone a happy new year of the creature of their choice. :smiley:

Shouldn’t that be:

Wishing everyone a happy new year with the creature of their choice. :wink: