Yet another mass shooting in the US

Honest question:

What is the solution to gun violence in America?

I see none, unfortunately.

I don’t understand how someone could go into a school full of children and open fire. They’re just children, they’re no threat to anyone.

This is the second time too. First sandy hook, now this. How do people become this kind of monster? How did no one see it coming or do anything about it?

2 Likes

I moved some posts to Objectivity and bias in media

Wait a second brother. There are literally hundreds of these cases if not thousands.

It’s crazy common.

2 Likes

I meant second time there was a mass shooting at an elementary school specifically. Not second mass shooting I know there are unfortunately many of those

1 Like

The conspiracy trolls and their enablers never rest even in the middle of a horrific tragedy

The claims were spread by some prominent conservatives on Tuesday.

Rep. Paul Gosar, an Arizona Republican, said of the shooter in a since-deleted tweet, “It’s a transsexual leftist illegal alien named Salvatore Ramos.” Gosar has not returned a request for comment.

One of Sam’s photos was shared by the Young Conservatives of Southern Indiana Facebook page, which has more than 4,000 followers.

Alex Jones, the conspiracy theorist who was successfully sued for defamation for falsely claiming the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting was a hoax, also echoed the misinformation that the Uvalde shooting suspect was trans. Representatives for Jones’ website did not immediately respond for comment.

2 Likes

Scarred and scared for life. :cry:

1 Like

There was an amish school shooting a few years back.

1 Like

Bunch of psychos!

Special 1-hour NBC Nightly News focused on the shooting.

1 Like

Actually, yes. I completely agree.

My comment was poorly worded to the point of being ridiculous. It was not an attempt to argue for semi-automatic rifles, although it comes across that way.

The point was that the underlying issues are mental health-related. The Chinese kindergarten stabbings are an example of how lethal any weapon can be, particularly when used on vulnerable individuals in unprotected environments (soft targets). The main point I was trying to express was that mental health evaluations should be mandated and enforced and loop holes (gun show sales, for example) should be closed. I’m sure that comment would still offend some hardcore NRA members, but not the reasonable ones I know.

It’s hard to fix crazy, but extra precautions are necessary. As mentioned, working in a primary school in an area with extremely limited gun ownership, we still had much stronger security, such that a tragedy like this one would have likely been prevented. As noted by other posters, changes to gun ownership in the US are quite unlikely (or would be very difficult to enforce), so taking other precautions is warranted.

5 Likes

Smart guns: if you can’t fix the law then fix the guns because you’ll never fix the people.

The fact that it is not common sense to protect the innocent, but it’s ok to protect gun rights to crazy.

The fact that people will claim it is rational to protect gun rights over the innocent is bat shit crazy.

As a legal purchaser here in Georgia, it feels like there are more regulations on where and when I can buy booze than on guns (still some blue laws hanging on).

3 Likes

Unfortunately it does look that way from the outside. :slightly_frowning_face:

Guy

2 Likes

From Twitter

So this is a Chinese guy asking why the people in charge don’t do what the majority supposedly want?

yeah Chinese guy, who is a legal scholar and I guess idealizes democracy a bit, living in an authoritarian state.