Y'know it isn't funny to make fun of ICRT

If behavior is repudiated again and again and again and again all to no avail, do you welcome the ogre back to the fold? ICRT doesn’t need glasses: it needs a coffin.

ms, you seem to know a fair bit more about the actual people there than I do. I’ve never met any of them, so I’ll grant that they may indeed be nice people who are full of heart. Unfortunately, most of us can only go by what we hear on the air, and the foreign community is in general agreement that it’s a total joke. To gullible, deluded Taiwanese, however, the DJs are paragons of Western culture (or at least successfully transplanted culture) from whom they can learn English. Do the DJs therefore become legends in their own minds? Most likely. Are they utterly transparent to the foreign community? Most definitely. I just hope they’re not dissonant enough to believe that they’ll actually find support and encouragement from the very foreign community they’ve long ago forsaken. We know what complete and utter bullshit it is – they might hoodwink the locals, but they’re not fooling any of us. Psychologically safer, perhaps, for them to stay with their own delusions of grandeur and not venture too far outside the bubble of local naïveté. I somehow doubt that management harbors any such delusions.

Speaking of delusions, a lot of the kids I’ve known have been cured of ICRT-worship pretty quickly after studying abroad, accessing Internet radio, asking the opinions of actual foreigners, and/or getting an MP3 player and shitcanning radio altogether. If and when satellite radio comes to Taiwan, you can kiss ICRT good-fokkin-bye.

On an added note, I don’t really see how a hardcore general manager or program director or more personnel shuffling (as in “You really aren’t changing? You’re really fired.” and “Welcome to the station, Mr. Chingles”) will help ICRT to live up to its stated mission of serving the foreign community. I’ve given up on the idea that they ever will. Many others have too over the years - check out the tail end of [url=ICRT - is it serving you? thread[/url] from just a little over a year ago. What’s changed?

Here’s another idea. Maybe we could just express our disgust by printing up t-shirts with “ICRT sucks” on them. Or better yet, since they market to locals, “ICRT 超爛” or “ICRT: 最好不要聽” or “外國人很討厭 ICRT” or “ICRT 害你一輩子.” I’d wear one. Maybe with a matching hat.