You are also what you drink

[quote]What worries you most? Decaying teeth, thinning bones, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, dementia, cancer, obesity? Whatever tops your list, you may be surprised to know that all of these health problems are linked to the beverages you drink — or don’t drink.

Last year … a panel of experts on nutrition and health published a “Beverage Guidance System” in hopes of getting people to stop drinking their calories when those calories contribute little or nothing to their health and may actually detract from it.

The panel, led by Barry M. Popkin, a nutrition professor at the University of North Carolina, was distressed by the burgeoning waistlines of Americans and the contribution that popular beverages make to weight problems. But the experts also reviewed 146 published reports to find the best evidence for the effects of various beverages on nearly all of the above health problems.[/quote]

An article in the New York Times summarizes the findings: You are also what you drink.

Sure. There’s no reason to assume that just because we don’t eat it, it won’t affect us. The things we drink, breath, inject into ourselves, immerse ourselves in, etc., all make a difference.

Just like the filthy air is slowly penetrating into us on a molecular level.

felete

Then I must be a bottle of Spaten Optimator. uuuummmmm beer.

Sure, look at the size of that cola in front of those kids. Wouldn’t half that amount be sufficient? Strange how the size of colas and big gulps and other sugar drinks have gotten so massive over the years (along with the waists of those who drink them regularly).

According to McDonalds, there are 310 calories in a large coke. But that’s still less than the 540 in a Big Mac or the 570 in a large fries.
mcdonalds.com/app_controller … ndex1.html

Holy fatness,

yeah I like to refer to those humongous drinks as bladder busters. I try to stay away from them the beer is enough empty calories for me. Most of the kids I work with now aren’t fat but that is because we provide a lot of daily exercise activities and I made sure we stopped selling junk food and soda to the kids. Two years later the kids look a lot better and a fair amount have lost weight.

If one is what one drinks,
i’d already be a vat,
flexing the stout.

With a few pails of espresso,
thrown in fer good measure.

[color=blue]“I’m goin’ up the country, baby don’t you wanna go?
I’m goin’ to some place where I’ve never been before.
I’m goin’, I’m goin’ where the water tastes like wine.
Well, I’m goin’ where the water tastes like wine.
You can jump in the water and stay drunk all the time.”
[/color]
CANNED HEAT

We are, after all, what we swim in.

I only drink my patented Cocktail in the summer months. I like to call it the ‘White Englisher’. It consists of gin, on-the-turn milk, Milk of Magnesia, apple juice and a dash of calamine lotion for ‘bite’.

Yes, I think that pretty much sums me up.

[quote=“Buttercup”]I only drink my patented Cocktail in the summer months. I like to call it the ‘White Englisher’. It consists of gin, on-the-turn milk, Milk of Magnesia, apple juice and a dash of calamine lotion for ‘bite’.

Yes, I think that pretty much sums me up.[/quote]

Nasty?