You can't kill a good conspiracy theory

fundamental smith, if you have the eyesight of a rabbit can you show me where the FBI say on fbi.gov/mostwant/terrorists/terubl.htm that they want OBL for 9/11?

It’s ironic how people here refuse to admit there is no reference to 9/11 on that webpage, but it’s expected.

Maybe fundamental smith will try and convince the world that it does exist, like he’d try and convince the world WMD exist wherever he wants to blow up next.

Go on then, Oh All Knowing Cake, find us a direct quote from someone in the Bush administration saying, in a formal capacity, that Osama Bin Laden was directly responsible for the World Trade Center attack. Go on. I’m pretty sure it’s never been said. It’s been implied, in part because he’s a handy bogeyman, but I’m pretty sure no-one has ever outright said he did it. Which would explain why it’s not mentioned on his page there.

It would be easier finding WMD in Iraq.

See? So why would they say on the page about him that he’s wanted for something even they haven’t said he’s wanted for? Now shut up, you’re making the rest of us lefties look bad.

Come on Tetsuo:

Leave us to have our fun with Cake. It is like watching a clown at a circus, one madcap disaster after another. Better take that stick away from him though or we may have another Greek tragedy on our hands. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[quote=“fred smith”]Come on Tetsuo:

Leave us to have our fun with Cake. It is like watching a clown at a circus, one madcap disaster after another. Better take that stick away from him though or we may have another Greek tragedy on our hands.[/quote]

That’s a bad thing?

C’mon freddy, when will all of you stupid conservatives learn to appreciate the arts?

[color=blue]I misfiled this story earlier. It really belongs here in Flipper’s 911 Conspiracy Theories for Idiots section. At 47% (and growing!) of adults in the U.S. believing that Saddam Hussein helped plan the 911 attack that has to be the mother of all 911 conspiracy theories. My guess is it’s probably far greater than the number of Americans who believe the CIA was behind the 911 attacks. Makes you wonder how the debunkers at Popular Mechanics could have missed it in their zeal to set the public record straight. Oh well, that’s probably a conspiracy theory all of its own:[/color]

*  47 percent believe that Saddam Hussein helped plan and support the hijackers who attacked the U.S. on September 11, 2001 (up six percentage points from November, 2004).
* 44 percent actually believe that several of the hijackers who attacked the U.S. on September 11 were Iraqis (up significantly from 37% in November, 2004).
* 36 percent believe that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction when the U.S. invaded (down slightly from 38% in November, 2004).

harrisinteractive.com/harris … sp?PID=544

VIDEO: CNN reported no plane hit Pentagon

see the “pulled” video report here.

thewebfairy.com/911/pentagon/27_1-mcintyre.swf

[quote=“cake”]
VIDEO: CNN reported no plane hit Pentagon

see the “pulled” video report here.

thewebfairy.com/911/pentagon/27_1-mcintyre.swf[/quote]

good ol’ cnn.

:laughing:

:bravo:

The day I start taking CNN seriously as an accurate and comprehensive news source is the day I get back from a lobotomy. Coincidentally enough, that’d probably be the same day I’m finally eligible for a job working at Fox News.

This is the funniest, most HONEST thing I’ve ever read in the IP forum. :bravo:

world trade center building #7. not one of the big towers. not hit by an airplane. nonetheless collapsed a few hours (in a manner of a controlled demolition) after the others fell.

did you read the link i posted? they already debunked that. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]WTC 7 Collapse
CLAIM: Seven hours after the two towers fell, the 47-story WTC 7 collapsed. According to 911review.org: “The video clearly shows that it was not a collapse subsequent to a fire, but rather a controlled demolition: amongst the Internet investigators, the jury is in on this one.”

FACT: Many conspiracy theorists point to FEMA’s preliminary report, which said there was relatively light damage to WTC 7 prior to its collapse. With the benefit of more time and resources, NIST researchers now support the working hypothesis that WTC 7 was far more compromised by falling debris than the FEMA report indicated. “The most important thing we found was that there was, in fact, physical damage to the south face of building 7,” NIST’s Sunder tells PM. “On about a third of the face to the center and to the bottom–approximately 10 stories–about 25 percent of the depth of the building was scooped out.” NIST also discovered previously undocumented damage to WTC 7’s upper stories and its southwest corner.

NIST investigators believe a combination of intense fire and severe structural damage contributed to the collapse, though assigning the exact proportion requires more research. But NIST’s analysis suggests the fall of WTC 7 was an example of “progressive collapse,” a process in which the failure of parts of a structure ultimately creates strains that cause the entire building to come down. Videos of the fall of WTC 7 show cracks, or “kinks,” in the building’s facade just before the two penthouses disappeared into the structure, one after the other. The entire building fell in on itself, with the slumping east side of the structure pulling down the west side in a diagonal collapse.

According to NIST, there was one primary reason for the building’s failure: In an unusual design, the columns near the visible kinks were carrying exceptionally large loads, roughly 2000 sq. ft. of floor area for each floor. “What our preliminary analysis has shown is that if you take out just one column on one of the lower floors,” Sunder notes, “it could cause a vertical progression of collapse so that the entire section comes down.”

There are two other possible contributing factors still under investigation: First, trusses on the fifth and seventh floors were designed to transfer loads from one set of columns to another. With columns on the south face apparently damaged, high stresses would likely have been communicated to columns on the building’s other faces, thereby exceeding their load-bearing capacities.

Second, a fifth-floor fire burned for up to 7 hours. “There was no firefighting in WTC 7,” Sunder says. Investigators believe the fire was fed by tanks of diesel fuel that many tenants used to run emergency generators. Most tanks throughout the building were fairly small, but a generator on the fifth floor was connected to a large tank in the basement via a pressurized line. Says Sunder: “Our current working hypothesis is that this pressurized line was supplying fuel [to the fire] for a long period of time.”

WTC 7 might have withstood the physical damage it received, or the fire that burned for hours, but those combined factors–along with the building’s unusual construction–were enough to set off the chain-reaction collapse.
[/quote]

flipper’s claim here looks like a conspiracy theory.

So how do you explain Larry Silverstein (lease holder of the WTC buildings) admitting they pulled WTC Building 7?

You can view the footage of him saying this, here:

infowars.com/print/Sept11/pp_fdny.htm

how long do you think it takes demolition experts to set up a building for a controlled collapse, cake? or do facts only get in the way of your theories? :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: i just noticed, you’re quoting right-wing wacko fringe sites now instead of just the left wing ones. i’m glad to see you taking a more bipartisan approach to your conspiracy mongering. :smiley:

[quote=“cake”]flipper’s claim here looks like a conspiracy theory.

So how do you explain Larry Silverstein (lease holder of the WTC buildings) admitting they pulled WTC Building 7?

You can view the footage of him saying this, here:

infowars.com/print/Sept11/pp_fdny.htm[/quote]

He doesn’t. He says that they made the decision to pull it, but then it collapsed. They didn’t even get a chance to take the action.

I know that this is a very old thread but I just found a paper written by Stephen Jones, a professor in the Department of Physics and Astronomy at Brigham Young University. He wrote a paper supporting the possibility of pre-positionsed explosive devices being used to take down the towers.

The paper can be found here

An amusing aside re: the moon landings:
news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060814/ts_ … e_tapes_dc

Oops, Nasa can’t find the original data and tapes. My, how convenient. Hehehe. Conspiracy nuts will enjoy this.