Your child has a blocked nose. Suction?

[quote=“divea”]Its called a FAKIR!!!

[/quote]
Charlatan, fornicator. All one to me.

hehehe…FYI Fakirs (faqirs) are not merely charlatans…some do say they possess mystic powers but most of them are spiritual beings living in poverty…some preach most don’t.

Also Neti is a yogic practice. Not a cult thing or anything…so nothing charlatani about it…I have done it in the past…now don’t have the nose for it!!

What’s with the dots?

thoughts…what to write next??? :slight_smile:

No, no, you’ve got it all wrong. The fuckirs are the fornicators, the fakers are the charlatans. Did I spell 'em right?

AHA.I got it now! And you spelled them perfectly.

But enough of the sins of the flesh. Last night, I shit you not, I did the nose to mouth snotter vacuum. It was SO much easier, faster and effective than the suction bulb. And the wee man didn’t make nearly so much fuss.
Kind of not-unpleasant salty-sweet flavour. Went very nicely with the Gatso mango mochi cake I had for dessert.

[quote=“sandman”]But enough of the sins of the flesh. Last night, I shit you not, I did the nose to mouth snotter vacuum. It was SO much easier, faster and effective than the suction bulb. And the wee man didn’t make nearly so much fuss.
Kind of not-unpleasant salty-sweet flavour. Went very nicely with the Gatso mango mochi cake I had for dessert.[/quote]

I know it’s your own flesh…but ewwwwww. Besides, what will give your boy a small sniffle will lay out out on your back for a week. I kid you not.

Aren’t blocked noses in fact caused by swelling of the nasal tissues and not by snot? Dr. Urodacus?

I think this would be true if your nose is blocked due to allergies?

I think this would be true if your nose is blocked due to allergies?[/quote]

Both, depending, and sometimes neither! jamming a pea up each nostril will also lead to a blocked doze.

Sinusitis and other bacterial infection situations tend to make your nose full of snot rather than overly swollen. The snot is meant to be there to trap dirt and dust, including bacteria, and is normally cleared away by swallowing, mostly, but if it gets high and dry in the nostril it will be easier to blow it out (or use your index finger if you’re under ten or over 70).

Allergies tend to make your nasal linings expand, partly as they are given more blood flow to allow them to make more liquid snot, and perhaps also partly to limit your breathing (as the passageways are narrower) to prevent you from sucking in more of the ‘bad’ stuff.

Viral infections like the common cold tend to make your nose both snotty and swollen.

and yes, adults can catch diseases from kids that were mild or not even a disease state in the kid but leave the adult flat out, or even with something like meningitis (the most common cause of bacterial meningitis, with complications including septicaemia and gangrene is a common throat bacteria in kids) BUT adults generally have a decent dose of all their OWN kids’ bacteria anyway. And of course they do, you just have to see how the rugrats spread those germs all over the house and you will understand.

[quote=“urodacus”] Both, depending, and sometimes neither! jamming a pea up each nostril will also lead to a blocked doze.

[/quote]

But aren’t you going to tell us the answer? Are snot suction machines safe, and if so why don’t they do it in Britain?

They use the same machine for sucking out ear wax, don’t they? I’m pretty sure that can cause damage.

But people stuff all sorts of things into their ears here to get wax out, even extra long finger nails. In the UK we’re told never to put anything in our ears. Perplexed, Taipei.

They do. Our kid had a cold when we were over there and my sister dug out the suction device she used on her kids when they were little. She was given it as part of a “new mother” kit she got from the hospital.

I think I’m developing a new fetish: having the snot sucked out of my nose by topless women with tongue piercings. Anyone think I could capture a niche market with my gonzo “slutty snot suckers” videos? Volunteers and investors welcome.

Sorry. My bad.

Safe enough but totally disgusting to do it by nose-to-mouth suction.

Amazing the things that breeding brings out in perfectly normal people.

:astonished: :shocker: