Your experience with racism in Taiwan

I was transiting through Ximen around 2. Took the Northern end escalator down to the Songshan/Nangang level. Used the internet for a little bit and then walked around to use the same location elevators to go down to the Xindian/Dingpu level. This guy was leaning against the end of the escalators with his mask pulled all the way down his throat and was squirt spitting as people walked past. He did it to me pretty obviously and then gave me a dirty look. I looked for someone to report him to but there was nobody anywhere and I was in a bit of a rush. He seemed to be mainly aiming for weiguoren tho.

You should have reported him at the gate. Very easy all stations have security and police are active on the MRT.

2 Likes

I was going downstairs so had already gone through the gate. There were also no police at the station when I got off and no security guard walking through the train. Which is weird now that I come to think about it. The other weird thing is a complete random came up to me and tried talking to me. That was at Ximen. That hasn’t happened for a long time. Even the mask can’t hide my resting asshole face.

2 Likes

Hey…It’s ximen ding . Attracts more weirdos.

1 Like

@Andrew0409??

A guy spat at you?

I have a face that attracts all kind of weirdos. I can even be walking with my friends and random people come up and try talking with me, ignoring everyone else.

Anyway sorry to hear you had to deal with some jackhole spitting. That is assault in most countries but I’m not sure if cops in Taiwan would do anything about it and likely he will just deny it unless there was camera evidence.

1 Like

I drink with some mates in their courtyard. There’s this guy who wears what looks like a hospital gown with oxygen tubes into his nostrils who comes down and smokes dog ends from the ashtray. He then starts coughing up huge globules of unpleasantness.

My theory is he has lung cancer that has spread to the brain. Or he’s a tosser. Either way I feel sorry for his sister who has to take care of him when she gets blamed all the time for his behaviour. Everybody in the apartment building complains about him.

I suppose my rambling point is in agreement with you, there are some weirdos out there.

Getting spat on is well out of order, though.

In this day and age? They would be all over it.

That squirt spit through the teeth type thing. As I was walking past and towards my back. I didn’t check to see if he actually hit but he knew I knew what he did. The mask pulled down around his throat caught my attention more and then the escalator moving made me have to focus on not losing my balance. Still trying to get used to these new meds. Good thing about them is they cause bursts of rage so I guess I’m covered if an incident happens.

I’m thinking of just being a right pain in the ass being a stickler for the rules that we always get pulled up for and the locals get ignored over. Like I said the first thing I noticed was that he wasn’t wearing his mask. The second was the sound of spitting as I walked past. Then when I looked back at him his mask around his throat seemed to grab my attention more than anything else before I had to concentrate on the escalator.

This is a brilliant post.
In fact last month I found myself in this situation. Well, unfortunately it was not a hot young mother who was crossing the street (openly breastfeeding, one imagines)… Instead it was a western male who was crossing the street and was about to get right-hooked by an SUV.
“Look out!”, I shouted, and the pedestrian became alert to the danger - jumping out of the way, as the vehicle screeched to a halt one foot away from him.

2 Likes

I had another experience recently.

I visited a friend on Saturday. There where a few of us visiting getting ready to go out for lunch.

My friend received a call for the apartment owner about her visitors.

Only I was mentioned specifically. The owner did not like her having an outsider visiting. Her other friends have been there and no issue. It’s only when I visited was their an issue.

Taiwanese are so friendly is getting an ironic twist.

My experiences here are causing my wife to have an identity crisis.

5 Likes

Ouch!

Lady looks at me and unflinchingly puts a paper to her face. The paper and subsequently hands go down when she moves seats.

I get off, pass her seat. Hands go back up.

I glared at her as i got off.

That hurt

7 Likes

She was probably just blinded by your good looks. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

did you have something on your face?

No. Of course not. You can’t even see most of my face. We’re all wearing masks.

maybe u smelled

1 Like

I don’t smell. I wear deodorant.

maybe that was it

1 Like