Your Mental Image of Posters You've Never Met

Mr TomThorne got me thinking. I’ve never met a forumosan who looked at all how I imagined them to.
How do you picture the good people here?
SPOILER ALERT: Skip over Ms Buttercup’s next post!

[quote=“jimipresley”]Mr TomThorne got me thinking. I’ve never met a forumosan who looked at all how I imagined them to.
How do you picture the good people here?[/quote]

I’ve met most of the good 'uns. Been to a lot of HHs; they’re mostly just waiguo old blokes.

Edit What do you expect? :laughing:

And Miss Buttercup? Sweetness herself? :smiley:

Hang on. They may be OLD, but what do they LOOK LIKE? Are they nice and friendly or are they arseholes? IMAGINATION, dear Ms BC.

I picture Big Fluffy Matthew as Barney the Dinosaur with a big, plastic telescope.

I picture Tainan Cowboy as Robert Duvall in “Apocalypse Now.”

I picture Fred Smith as a cross between Hannibal Lector, Norman Schwarzkopf and Rip Taylor.

I picture Buttercup as Janeane Garofalo.

Before meeting Urodacus, I pictured him as the crazy professor from “Back to the Future.”

Before meeting Jimi, I pictured him as Nick Cave.

The Lost Swede looks like Bjorn Borg.

Ironlady looks like a young Margaret Thatcher.

Does anyone ‘look like’ their personality? OK, your expression tells a lot, and I assume most people over thirty have a glowing, radiant, beautiful reverse Dorian Gray portrait tucked away somewhere (in their heart?) so offset the pettiness or stupidity on their faces.

Me? I usually look confused or bored, but that’s not really an affectation; my screensaver face just looks that way; slightly, erm, slack. I rarely make eye-contact which people have told me is a failing, but it’s really just because I’m short. I’m fat but muscley and quite strong and an apple rather than a pear; chances are I’ll die of a heart attack. I have long, thick, curly reddish brown hair that i never brush, and green eyes. My right eye is noticeably larger than the left. I have a small mouth and I either talk constantly or not at all, depending on how I feel. I own only three outfits, all identical, which are grey and black and jean coloured; I replace them every six months. I have big teeth, the front one has a slight dent. My skin is very pale and I don’t tan. I have disproportionately small hands and feet.

jp; I can’t remember. I don’t notice other people much, unless I know them.

zender, BFM is not purple. Or a dinosaur, really.

Janeane Garofalo doesn’t look anything like that! :astonished: Do you really have “a” big front tooth?

Thank god you didn’t say like someone out of Abba :notworthy:

And no, contrary to common belief, most Swede’s aren’t blond at all. Although I do have an odd blond patch of beard…

The only one I’m really curios about is the Sandman, as he comes across as a rather peculiar chap who most likely eat, sleep and shower in his kilt :smiley:

[quote=“zender”]
Janeane Garofalo doesn’t look anything like that! :astonished: Do you really have “a” big front tooth?[/quote]

Nope, lots.

Sandman’s one of the only ones who has his photo as an avatar.

I dunno, do you guys really imagine what everyone looks like? I’ve never really thought about it.

Screw this. I started that tangent, good Sir. Credit where it is deserved and all. :raspberry:

I picture jimi as looking like the lead singer of Nickelback, except graying and MUCH scruffier. I know this is conflicting the fact that he teaches English, but some schools are pretty laid back after all. :whistle:

marboulette

I’ll just make it easy:

Nama… did you ever have afro puffs? :flowers:

I think jlick uses a pic of himself as a youngster. I think ImanIou also uses a picture of herself as a youngster. Damn cute if you ask me.

And nama… I can see where the “hottie” bit in your handle comes from…

marboulette

[quote=“zender”]Before meeting Urodacus, I pictured him as the crazy professor from “Back to the Future.”

Before meeting Jimi, I pictured him as Nick Cave.
[/quote]

and I still do…

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]
The only one I’m really curios about is the Sandman, as he comes across as a rather peculiar chap who most likely eat, sleep and shower in his kilt :D[/quote]

yes.

[quote=“Namahottie”]I’ll just make it easy:

[/quote]

If you happen to have two puppies up for adoption, I’ll take them.

Namas been mis-named obviously. She shouldve named herself “imahottie” :slight_smile:

two puppies?? haha

them puppies are not that small are they?

Thanks for the compliments :smiley: :blush: , but I do hope you know that’s not really me.

(It’s Pam Grier, who’ve I’ve been told I resemble.)

I think I’ve pretty much always used my own picture for my avatar.

[quote=“Namahottie”]I’ll just make it easy:

[/quote]

Nama you are actually way HOTTER than that!