Your Opinion of Chen Shui-Bian

There is no real evidence of him being involved in any of the cases, leading to the invention of the “substantive influence” precedence for the sole purpose of locking CSB up. That alone should have gotten CSB pardoned. If not now, then at least by 2028 when his sentence would have been up anyway.

3 Likes

Not a fan in the least, but pardon him. He’s a non-entity.

1 Like

Which was the goal of inventing the “substantive influence” precedence in the first place.

1 Like

His hoarding of campaign funds was shady, but not illegal. Chen’s prosecution was purely political.

3 Likes

I find his sentence and treatment to be excessive. Time to free him.

3 Likes

My mate was in prison with him. My mate was caught with NTD10 million in heroin, cocaine and ecstasy via an Indonesian mule. My mate did seven years. A-bian is still there. Go figure.

3 Likes

Wait I thought the man had medical parole / house arrest / some special arrangement? Are you telling me this guy is in a prison right now?

Guy

1 Like

Did your mate get CSB’s LINE contact for future reference?

For much of Chen Shui Bian’s time in custody, LINE didn’t exist.

What was his nationality just out of curiosity? Indonesian too?

I wrote speeches for him back in the day. He’s suffered enough. History will treat him unkindly enough vs. LTH or Tsai. It’s like comparing an eagle to a blue heron to a worm.

2 Likes

He got out early 2015.
That’s long past LINE’s ramp-up.
Hell, even I had it before then, and I am an extreme laggard in app downloads, etc.
Anyway, agree with most others.
Pardon the poor guy.

He was from Yorkshire.

:laughing: A long time until he’ll be flying Alan Bennett class!

3 Likes

Free A Bian!

1 Like

A-Bian freed. Pronounced like I been freed.