Your Playlists?

In a slash and burn approach to cleaning my house, I deleted my playlists. They’re still on my iPod, but I may just make some new ones.

What moods are your playlists? What’s on 'em? I’m looking for new inspiration.

I have:

Guitar 1, 2 & 3
Doom
Fuck you
Fuck ‘em all
Teens Sunday afternoon (my students’ favourite stuff, before you start…)
Running
On the mountain
MMM
Silly
I want to cut your throat
Wallowing
Heroin songs
Sunshine Superman
Tolerate the office
Surprise and stimulate
Stinkin’ Thinkin’
Marching Songs

Any ideas for new lists? What would you put in these lists?

I don’t use Playlists much, I either go onto ‘random’ or just listen to The Fall.

I don’t have an Ipod but here’s my music classification system, if anyone’s interested. I doubt anyone will be, though. Every time I post about my music tastes I hope that someone will PM me with questions such as: “Who’s better – Jackson do Pandeiro or Luiz Gonzaga?” But it never happens. Anyway, here’s my list:
50s samba etc.
African & Caribbean
Haiti
Arabic/Hebrew
Axe
Bossa nova, Brazilian jazz
Brazil foldlore & candomble
Frevo
Brazil other
Brazil pop
Choro & instrumental
Country etc.
Forro
Funk
Guitars
Chambao
Galicia & Portugal
Hardcore flamenco
Coplas & pasodobles
Bebop & after
Before bop
Andes
Mexico
Salsa etc.
MPB
Pagode & modern bossa
Pop
Punk
Reggae
Samba Enredo
Soul, R&B

I only have one playlist (seriously). It’s called “iPod worthy”.

Yes, I just assume in my case it’s because I have shit taste in music. People just post their own stuff. It’s quite telling; people want to express themselves, not discuss.

I’ve never heard of those guys. :blush: I usually just listen to very similar kinds of stuff.

Rock Dead

Blues Dead

Jazz Dead

Funk Dead

Bluegrass Dead

Country Dead

Trippy Dead

and then all the rest…

[quote=“Tigerman”]Rock Dead

Blues Dead

Jazz Dead

Funk Dead

Bluegrass Dead

Country Dead

Trippy Dead

and then all the rest…[/quote]

That could work if I replaced ‘Dead’ with ‘Zappa’…

[quote=“Buttercup”]I’ve never heard of those guys. :blush: I usually just listen to very similar kinds of stuff.[/quote]There’s no shame in that. And anyway, not many too people outside of Brazil have heard of Jackson do Pandeiro or Luiz Gonzaga. Brazilian music was a bit of an obsession of mine a few years ago.

[quote=“Tigerman”]Rock Dead

Blues Dead

Jazz Dead

Funk Dead

Bluegrass Dead

Country Dead

Trippy Dead

and then all the rest…[/quote]

The rest being the various Dead members side projects?

Don’t own an IPOD. But anybody who likes The Fall doesnot have shit taste in music or maybe I have shit taste in music too so probably shouldn’t recommend music to anyone.

Adding suggestion are Laurie Anderson, Joy Division, fIREHOSE, Suicidal Tendencies first album and Nomeansno.

don’t forget her obsession with duran duran…

actually, girls on film was not too bad. but it had its work cut out competing with Siouxsie and the Jam and PIL at that time. not to mention new york dolls, dead kennedys etc…

how much fuss is it (and free time must you have) to make playlists? i just stick my iTunes on party shuffle and get to listen to the most ecelectic and surreal segues imaginable…

Weird, I didn’t realize you were so dark, buttercup. May I suggest substituting your playlists with something like this for a change:

Fluffy
Lovely
Fluffy and Lovely
Bunnies and Kitties
Fluffy and Lovely Bunnies and Kitties
Rainbows and Butterflies
Peace and Harmony
Tranquil Moments
Copious Bubbles
Sheer Bliss

0<

Works for me. :slight_smile:

i used the Windows media player play lists. Download Tags and album art and so on.
Gave up when I saw the system filtered "God save the Queen’ from the Sex Pistols in… FOLK !
No playlists, just shuffle buttom.

OK, MT, now who’s weird? Fuck You and Fuck 'em All covers most things for most people.

what’s with all the ‘bambi i love you’ stuff?

Matchstick_man, I’m from Manchester; Joy Division were kind of compulsory. :wink: I’ll have a look out for the others.

urodacus, I only work part time, I have tons of free time. It’s really easy to make 'em, just drag and drop.

MT, ‘dark’ is my middle name. There are loads of ‘nice’ playlists there as well.

Really, I’m looking for specific song names. I don’t want albums and artists.

The only thing on my solitary playlist that doesn’t fit the title “Pre 1980 Rock” is Manu Chao’s Welcome to Tijuana.

Hope that helps.

I just erm, received the discography of Pink Floyd. I am planning on spending the next two weeks on a Koh Taoian beach listening to the sweet strains of the greatest band ever. (Sorry El Tigre, The Dead are up there, but not quite at the top of my list)

Pink Floyd. Why do boys like PF? I don’t get it. Good guitar solos, but so dull.

it’s the colour. Real boys love Pink.

Oh. OH! Really? I didn’t realise! Well, I’m cool with pink boys.