Youtube.com

Man, I just discovered youtube.com and what a great site it is. If you’re not familiar with it, it’s just ordinary people’s videos online and some of them are fantastic. Check out the top videos:

youtube.com/browse?s=mf

That UrbanNinja guy in the top video – wow, I didn’t know a person could do that kind of stuff.

And the Guitar dude. Shite, he’s just some teen in his bedroom but he plays like a star.

And Robot Dance – holy cow, what a crazy rubber dude.

Or Whiteout, on page 2 of the favorites – my god, the guy’s surfing a 60 foot wave.

And Brokeback to the Future. :laughing:

Anyway, now there’s something besides forumosa to waste your time on. :slight_smile:

It’s not all ordinary people’s videos. It’s videos of rock bands and clips of movie scenes, too. Such as ultracheesy Hong Kong kung fu flicks. This one is hilarious.

Best fight scene of all time

That whiteout vid is awesome!

HG

I think that Google video is quite good as well. Search ‘Super man team’ It’s totally hilarious! (but it only has chinese subtitle)

That ‘Pokemon Theme Music Video’ is such a big sacrifice, which suddenly reminds me that Chinese backstreet boy (or so-called Back Dormitory Boys) have got contract with Pepsi in China and will be filmed with Yao Ming. I was shocked…

Just an average white, middle class suburban homeboy telling it like it is

Momma teresa, where did you get your video avatar? I wanna something like that

I don’t remember. I stole it from somewhere.

1. PAVE THE RAINFOREST :rainbow: :beatnik:

youtube.com/watch?v=ROXTq5Z914w

1. ELVIS DOES ZEPPELIN :eh: :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=HBO6sU7j … h=zeppelin

1. ZEPPELIN does Kashmir
    youtube.com/watch?v=66kt_jmn … h=zeppelin

. . . Black Dog
youtube.com/watch?search=zep … AY57LqqoQg

. . . Stairway to Heaven
youtube.com/watch?v=QK-CCTlZ … h=zeppelin

and lots more
youtube.com/results?search=zeppelin

Crazy asian mothers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKnloiM-0Ns&search=crazy%20asian%20mothers

Here’s a huge list of 80s music videos featured on Youtube.

milinkito.com/los80.php

:nsfw:

How many of you ladies out there can do this?
youtube.com/watch?v=U6WGvIvNe-Y&search=tits

. . . or this?
youtube.com/watch?v=oMKbGG9ah6Q&search=tits

Yiiiiiikes. :noway:

For those of you thinking of uploading to YouTube, this from from Wired:

http://blog.wired.com/music/#1523392

[quote]The video site YouTube constitutes an equal or larger threat to small content producers. Before you upload that video of your 19-person indie rocker reggae band, for instance, you may want to read the fine print. YouTube’s “new” Terms & Conditions allow them to sell whatever you uploaded however they want:

“…by submitting the User Submissions to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the YouTube Website and YouTube’s (and its successor’s) business… in any media formats and through any media channels.”

Among other things, this means they could strip the audio portion of any track and sell it on a CD. Or, they could sell your video to an ad firm looking to get “edgy”; suddenly your indie reggae tune could be the soundtrack to a new ad for SUVs. The sky’s still the limit, when it comes to the rights you surrender to YouTube when you upload your video.[/quote]

Just found this awesome performance of “gimme all your lovin” that has to be seen to be believed…
youtube.com/watch?v=cnlbEpyK3nE

[quote=“smell the glove”]For those of you thinking of uploading to YouTube, this from from Wired:

[quote]The video site YouTube constitutes an equal or larger threat to small content producers. Before you upload that video of your 19-person indie rocker reggae band, for instance, you may want to read the fine print. YouTube’s “new” Terms & Conditions allow them to sell whatever you uploaded however they want:

“…by submitting the User Submissions to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the YouTube Website and YouTube’s (and its successor’s) business… in any media formats and through any media channels.”

Among other things, this means they could strip the audio portion of any track and sell it on a CD. Or, they could sell your video to an ad firm looking to get “edgy”; suddenly your indie reggae tune could be the soundtrack to a new ad for SUVs. The sky’s still the limit, when it comes to the rights you surrender to YouTube when you upload your video.[/quote][/quote]
While reading up on Youtube this morning I came across this site: revver.com/

[quote]General

1. What’s Revver?

Revver connects creators, viewers, and advertisers in a sponsorship marketplace for online video, taking full advantage of the open flow of information on the Internet, rather than trying to fight it. Revver provides all the tools you need to distribute your original work online and earn money. Revver strives to support free and accessible videos online and still reward creators.

Licenses

1. Why is Creative Commons the default license on Revver?

The Creative Commons share-alike license simply says that you are allowing people to share your work. This is vital to the Revver system because the more people watch your video, the more money you earn. To learn more about Creative Commons take a look at their website.
    [/quote]

I might start posting my videos here.

Sexy Beijing - Lost in Translation - Danwei TV

Here’s one from that site. It’s a Sex in the City style show with some Chinese flava. It’s pretty good. It’s always fun watching foreigners speak Chinese (and Chinese speak foreign.)

[quote=“miltownkid”][quote=“smell the glove”]For those of you thinking of uploading to YouTube, this from from Wired:

Among other things, this means they could strip the audio portion of any track and sell it on a CD. Or, they could sell your video to an ad firm looking to get “edgy”; suddenly your indie reggae tune could be the soundtrack to a new ad for SUVs. The sky’s still the limit, when it comes to the rights you surrender to YouTube when you upload your video.[/quote][/quote]
While reading up on Youtube this morning I came across this site: revver.com/

[quote]General

1. What’s Revver?

Revver connects creators, viewers, and advertisers in a sponsorship marketplace for online video, taking full advantage of the open flow of information on the Internet, rather than trying to fight it. Revver provides all the tools you need to distribute your original work online and earn money. Revver strives to support free and accessible videos online and still reward creators.

Licenses

1. Why is Creative Commons the default license on Revver?

The Creative Commons share-alike license simply says that you are allowing people to share your work. This is vital to the Revver system because the more people watch your video, the more money you earn. To learn more about Creative Commons take a look at their website.
    [/quote]

I might start posting my videos here.[/quote]

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. You are right, the Creative Commons License would be a more fair license to submit my videos too. Did you get Revver to work on Linux, they seem to use QuickTime as a default movie format. I am not aware of a Quicktime plugin for Firefox on Linux :frowning:

I’m in Windows right now. They have an uploader for Linux. I just emailed them about that. We’ll see what they say…

revver.com/video/22196/

[quote=“Matchstick_man”]Here’s a huge list of 80s music videos featured on Youtube.

milinkito.com/los80.php[/quote]

Marillion!!! :banana:

youtube.com/profile?user=renetto

There is some cool sharing of video editting and directing, as well as a feedback section bullt in to youtube.com.

renetto is one of them

check out chad vader:day shift manager; the group that does those vids is quite good too.

Hey - I love youtube too!

Heres a video I made myself! I used After-effects to do all the animation and stuff.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=49k_Grtoii8