Youtube Gurus...your thoughts?

Brene Brown?

Simon Sinek?

Marie Forleo?

I like Sinek, but the ladies (granted, I’ve listened to much more Sinek) kinda rub me the wrong way.

What do you guys think about them? Would you ever consider investing 60K on a bunch of their video programs? Forleo’s B School for instance.

60,000 NTD??? I wouldn’t invest 60 period…

Who has that kind of money to throw around? Lol no thanks.

I have no idea who these people are, but they’re on YouTube, you say? Greater evidence of credibility can scarcely be conceived.

1 Like

My wife seems to think we do. We don’t. Looking for stronger evidence than our actual bank balance to prove that she is barking up the wrong tree. I’ve allayed it temporarily, but maybe, somewhere in this collective, lies anecdotal or experiential evidence that can prove one of us wrong. I, as always, stand with mind open.

Okay, you don’t know them but judge them on the fact that they use youtube, the most successful free streaming site ever, to help spread their message as evidence of bogusity? Okay…I’ll just go with that then. Thanks.

Hoping for a discussion with people that have some familiarity with the subjects at hand. Or others that may have a pearl or two to cast before this swine.

You’d better make a decision quickly. Time is running out on Forleo’s B-school classes.

1 Like

Stand with an open mind and empty pockets.

Call me judgmental if you want, but I’d rather use that money for all sorts of things… invest in my child’s education, use it for a family trip somewhere, or just save it for future bills and rent. Hell, I’d even give some of it to my struggling in-laws, before I just passed 60 grand to a complete stranger (who is probably much more well off than me). It is your money, so do what you want. But 60k is a huge number to just throw out there. Maybe you can convince your wife to shave a zero off that donation.

All of these people have published works. The economical choice would be to buy and read their books rather than shelling out for costly video programs. Books are usually the best distillations of people’s ideas anyway.

1 Like

Ummm…that wasn’t you whose judgment I called into question,

I agree, but as we are launching a fledgling business and it is starting to pick up some steam, we do have to think practically. I’m not an MBA, but I’ve played several on TV. She doesn’t even have that going for her.

She is organized and really coming out of her shell as a salesperson. And she rightly believes that one of us should actually acquire some business acumen before this thing gets too big and we can’t handle it.

So she has a good point. I think next year when any savings aren’t better invested in the here and now, such an option as Forleo’s B School might actually be a worthwhile investment. Then 60K to learn some tricks of the trade might not be so bad at all.

Look, we’ve just had a little taste of what could be. She is excited and with the deadline looming, was trying to rush to make it. Good on her for trying, nu?

Already doing that. Just seems to whet her whistle for more. She’s quite spongey at the moment and I love that about her.

Ya…

Well, if it makes her happy and that by extension makes you happy… and you can manage without that 60k… then do it. But it’s certainly not something I’d do. Different strokes for different folks.

Thus spake Wikipedia:

In 2008, Forleo released Make Every Man Want You: How to Be So Irresistible You’ll Barely Keep from Dating Yourself! […] Oprah Winfrey called Forleo “a thought leader for the next generation.”

1 Like

You should purchase one of those expensive public library cards.
I’m guessing you’ll get more and better info that way.

1 Like

Than? Posting here for an opinion from an expressive bunch of folks? @Dawud has already come thru large. I’m just gonna buy her that book and see the inherent ridiculousness of it all. I wonder if just a jpeg of the book sleeve mightn’t do the job.

Not yet tho. Don’t wanna wake the bear. Deadline almost here. Shhhhhhhhhhh…