Zen and the art of fzr150 maintenance

it is illegal? to change the fairings on the bike? like the cops will stop me for it?

it is illegal? to change the fairings on the bike? like the cops will stop me for it?[/quote]

I don’t actually think you would ever get pulled over for having different fairings on a bike. But those are a waste of money, and will cause you problems with fitting them. I agree with Beast, the stocks look way better. Spend the 16,000nt on something useful like a Brembo brake caliper and Frando master cylinder with a stainless steel brake line, or an RPM rear shock, some nice Bridgestone BT-39 tires, etc.

it is illegal? to change the fairings on the bike? like the cops will stop me for it?[/quote]

I don’t actually think you would ever get pulled over for having different fairings on a bike. But those are a waste of money, and will cause you problems with fitting them. I agree with Beast, the stocks look way better. Spend the 16,000nt on something useful like a Brembo brake caliper and Frando master cylinder with a stainless steel brake line, or an RPM rear shock, some nice Bridgestone BT-39 tires, etc.[/quote]

I need a little help on that … how do i say that or type those in chinese “Brembo brake caliper and Frando master cylinder with a stainless steel brake line, or an RPM rear shock, some nice Bridgestone BT-39 tires, etc”
so i can look it up on Yahoo or Ruten?

Thanks ! ^^

Hi again I went to a shop yesterday to tune the engine. now it runs great. the mechanic said that my front disc brakes are bend and needed to be change. he was recommending to change my dual disc to a single disc. cost about $10,000. What is the difference between 2 disc and 1 disc? is it any better?

All the FZR racers are running single disks. If you are going to change them, don’t change everything to stock. You can get yourself a nice brake setup from about 10K. If you want to then get a Brembo caliper or just settle for a nice Frando. Then get a Frando brake mastercylinder and a stainless steel brake line. You’r brakes will be amazing. Don’t go back to stock. For a little more money you could get a bigger disk too.

Sorry for random drop in thread, but want to mention, there is also a FZR/NSR mechanic in Roosevelt Road, which is quite convenient. On the same side as The Wall. Just watch for one with horrible red walls, and several FZR/NSR’s inside.
I’ve never needed to use him, but he comes highly recommended from an FZR racer.

If there is anyone here in Yunlin County or nearby, i found a great FZR store here. They dont speak english but they can help alot… They also race their bikes in Longtan.
Their race groups name is Focus racing. I dont know what it is in chinese. They race in 300 cc race.

Also if there is anyone near me wanna hang out with their bikes. Im here with my pump up FZR with new RPM shocks and brakes ^^

[quote=“shoyamato”]If there is anyone here in Yunlin County or nearby, i found a great FZR store here. They dont speak english but they can help alot… They also race their bikes in Longtan.
Their race groups name is Focus racing. I don’t know what it is in Chinese. They race in 300 cc race.

Also if there is anyone near me wanna hang out with their bikes. I’m here with my pump up FZR with new RPM shocks and brakes ^^[/quote]

Yeah, Focus is a great team and they hold the record for the fastest FZR on the race track. In my NSR class, our top 2 stroke NSR’s race with their top FZR’s. They are fast, but still even with there 300cc setup, they can’t keep up with us NSR’s :wink:.

They should be able to help you do anything your heart desires to your NSR. I hope you have money, haha because now that you found a great performance shop you will be spending a lot of money. :wink:

When you coming out to the track?

[quote=“rk1951”][quote=“shoyamato”]If there is anyone here in Yunlin County or nearby, i found a great FZR store here. They dont speak english but they can help alot… They also race their bikes in Longtan.
Their race groups name is Focus racing. I don’t know what it is in Chinese. They race in 300 cc race.

Also if there is anyone near me wanna hang out with their bikes. I’m here with my pump up FZR with new RPM shocks and brakes ^^[/quote]

Yeah, Focus is a great team and they hold the record for the fastest FZR on the race track. In my NSR class, our top 2 stroke NSR’s race with their top FZR’s. They are fast, but still even with there 300cc setup, they can’t keep up with us NSR’s :wink:.

They should be able to help you do anything your heart desires to your NSR. I hope you have money, haha because now that you found a great performance shop you will be spending a lot of money. :wink:

When you coming out to the track?[/quote]

Yeah they have been great to me. My Fzr perform way much better now… now i just have to wait till me engine died so i can upgrade to the 250cc one.
I would love to come see you guys at the track. i dont think i would dare ride my bike on it, besides my wife will have me killed if i ever do that haha…

Oh does anyone know where i can read on “how much i can modified my bike?”
i saw this really nice pipe i want to put on my fzr cause my pipe has a hole and is making wierd sound haha ^^ goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21011288451317#auc
but wondering what are the legal issues here.
or should i just go for one of those small custom pipes that they used for the focus racing team?

[quote=“shoyamato”]Oh does anyone know where i can read on “how much i can modified my bike?”
I saw this really nice pipe I want to put on my fzr cause my pipe has a hole and is making wierd sound haha ^^ goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21011288451317#auc
but wondering what are the legal issues here.
or should i just go for one of those small custom pipes that they used for the focus racing team?[/quote]

I would probably go with a Focus pipe. You will get the most hp by using a custom pipe. My motorcycle club makes custom pipes for FZR’s. They add hp and sound great. Here is one of our bikes, this bike is a 270cc, but you will get the idea. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCkWZjOuPQo In Taiwan all mods are illegal, but I doubt you will get any tickets if you mod your FZR. I have never heard of anyone ever getting a ticket for moding their motorcycle here. I did get a notice in the mail recently that says a neighbor complained about my pipe on my scooter and I need to go get it checked out. I am ignoring it. I have no plans on selling my scooter, so I could care less. It will probably just turn into a fine, that I will have to pay if I decided to sell it. I checked to see if the cops here can check for that if I get pulled over and they can’t. They will have no idea that I have been sent a warning for noise pollution.

With all the other noise going on here… You have some very un-Taiwanese neighbors. The locals usually love noise.

I kind of figure the same thing with my scooter. Since I don’t have to worry about doing the paperwork if I sell it, since I won’t be selling it, I’m not going to worry about whether it meets all the laws or not.

“All mods are illegal” doesn’t explain the huge aftermarket scooter industry on the island :bow:

but i have heard akraprovic is a great brand ! and they sound great too! internationally known too!
i wonder how is that compared to a smaller focus pipe. haha… bigger the better rite?

Hi! does anyone here have a manual for fzr that the dont want? ( in english ) ^^ or know where i can obtain one.

Sigh… sob sob… my 150 fzr engine is dead… died on the way back from work… cant be restored…
so… gonna upgrade to 280cc ^^ but kinds bad timing… will be really tied on cash this month… and it is not only halfway through… lol

what about the kawasaki ninja 250cc?

after 2009 it was available fuel injected or carburatted

the pre 2009 engines can be swapped in if a new engine was needed but arent as powerful as post 2009 engines

so engines are availible super cheap on ebay from 1989-2011 all these will fit in talk about parts availibility a brand new bike will go 120mph

the engines are strong i redlined mine constantly had a modded exhaust, jets, and filter ran it for 30k miles in california and it still had great compression

i always changed my oil using the good stuff and did my own valve adjustments one time it kept dying when giving gas after start

took apart the carbs ran pipe cleaners through them problem solved

Would buy over an fzr anyday

I bet there pricey in Taiwan but cant be to much

in usa can get a used 2009 for about 3000usd

IMO that is probably the worst bike for Taiwan. Way over priced doe a 250CC and parts are not that easy to find. Plus they are expensive. I think they are going for around $250,000nt. So, I think he should just stick with his FZR and rebuild his engine to a 250+. I think that will run around $40,000nt for the rebuild.

wow 250k nt is high for that price i can get a nice newer 1000cc superbike in usa

but parts for the 250cc i still believe to be cheap that is if shipping from usa to Taiwan isnt to high

because theres tons of cheap parts for the kawai 250 including complete low mile engines on ebay from time to time for 10-15000nt

but thats in usa not sure how much shipping a small engine is to Taiwan

[quote=“uncleargenius”]wow 250k nt is high for that price i can get a nice newer 1000cc superbike in usa

but parts for the 250cc i still believe to be cheap that is if shipping from usa to Taiwan isnt to high

because theres tons of cheap parts for the kawai 250 including complete low mile engines on ebay from time to time for 10-15000nt

but thats in usa not sure how much shipping a small engine is to Taiwan[/quote]

This is TW, not the US. Not even comparable! How many 250 Ninjas do you see around town? Maybe one a month. Parts are not cheap. Plus it is illegal to swap engines here in Tw.