Zoe Lee, Taiwan’s First “Weed-only” Lawyer

On what basis? Cannabis can be eaten too.

So an arbitrary ban is not based on truth.

Part of the influence has shaped the laws.

They were arriving two hours before opening time at the one I went to. Dispensing pellets for pigeons. Peck. Peck. Peck.

So can people drinking alcohol. We already have laws against DUI.

Problem’s already solved. Pretty weak argument.

5 Likes

Where was this dispensary? Real hippies don’t buy corporate weed. They have their own sources.

2 Likes

Vermont.

Real hippies? Come on buddy, you know exactly the type of person I mean.

The question was ‘how can a stoner hurt you?’ The answer is, ‘by getting high and driving a car.’

There’s no argument being put forward around laws or alcohol. It’s a straightforward answer to a direct question.

If this is a case for criminalisation of weed, then why don’t we prohibit all intoxication?

@gain is definitely making a case for criminalisation. That’s his entire argument.

2 Likes

It isn’t. That’s a drum only you are banging.

This isn’t a court case. It’s a bunch of people chatting shit.

We’re in a topic talking about the legalisation of weed in Taiwan.

I support legalisation.

2 Likes

Ok. I don’t think I fully grasped that until now, Marco.

I support legalisation too. But it will come packaged in horseshit. And be massively open to abuse.

3 Likes

Hmm, I know real hippies, and they don’t shop at dispensaries. They even go on rants about “corporate pot” when they’re getting high on their own supply.

1 Like

That’s OK. We’re human. Every decision we make is gonna have horseshit.

1 Like

Arguing with teetotalers is really pointless. Just be glad there’s fewer of them these days.

2 Likes

Where I’m from hippies grow their own and usually are the ones working in grow houses.

Dispensaries often times have a medical side and a recreational side. Recreational is taxed higher and medicinal has less restrictions on THC content in edibles. Those are the differences as far as I can tell.

4 Likes

The US forced the rest of the world to make it illegal too or threatened sanctions or whatever stupid strong-arm tactics they used to make sure everyone else was as terrified as reefer as the white men that made up the US government were of anyone that wasn’t a white man.

Well, cigarette smokers and bing lang chewers make me breathe their tar air and COVID particles everywhere and look at shitty nasty cups of blood red sludge everywhere. Both of those are guaranteed to give you and the people around you cancer, but I have to put up with it because its legal. I’d love nothing more than legal weed and the death penalty to anyone involved in cigarette and bing lang sales, use, etc. Or, to be more peaceful about it, ban smoking of anything anywhere outside of private spaces but for the love of god if people can smoke cigarettes they should be able to smoke pot. Also, tax the shit out of bing lang and fine anyone that spits anywhere.

3 Likes

In the US, I would make a strong case that the current legislation for cannabis and other illicit drugs is a form of institutional racism. The laws began were based on racist propaganda and lies.

Throwing someone in jail for smoking a joint is unnatural. Its totally absurd.

6 Likes

Its been pretty apparent for a while now. In Milwaukee, the most segregated city in America, people have drawn maps of where marijuana arrests have been made. It’s directly correlated to where non-white people live. There are cases where a cop scraped flecks of dirt off the floor of a car in search of pot in order to have a reason to arrest a black man. Black Wisconsinites make up 72% of small-scale marijuana arrests (possession of 25 grams or less) even though they make up less than 39% of the population AND white people use marijuana at the same rate as black people.

6 Likes

If you make a date with someone you have a crush on, and that someone forgets the date because they are a stoner, you are going to really really hate users of cannabis no matter what the reality of the world shows you. Right, G?

38 posts were split to a new topic: Weed - Addictiveness, Health Effects