Zoning Map of Taiwan

Hi!

Recently I’ve been seeing a lot of houses (considering buying), and the other day we went to see a house that is in front of a “green” zoned river side, which is currently a privately owned parking lot.
They made sure to paint it green in their selling map though.

Now, is there anywhere I can check this information? Is there a public map of the different zonings in an area?
Specifically I’m interested in Taipei & New Taipei City.

I’m asking because this green-zoned riverside is one of these consolidating areas that are owned by private owners and the government has tasked construction companies to buy and donate that area to the government for benefits.
If they end up building anything but a riverside this house value really is not what they are asking for it.

Thanks!

2 Likes

So I found this map Taiwan MAP Service (nlsc.gov.tw) which is kinda what I was looking for, even though its data is a bit all over the place.

I’d appreciate any information on different zonings in Taiwan

2 Likes

Wow, this map is a cool discovery. Did it answer the question you had about the parking lot? Is the “Land Use Zoning Map of Urban Planning” the layer relevant to your use case, or any others?

Yeah, the Land Layers, specifically Land Use Investigation (LUI) layer seem quite useful. You can enable them by clicking on the text (it’s a weird UI & UX).
The one showing for LUI seems to be 2018, which is quite some time ago.

Also map information (when you press the small i) is a tiny jpg, and coloring does not correspond at all. I used an image software to check for RGB values and nothing matches exactly.

I’m interested in the purple areas for example. You can use the Click query and it tells me purple seems to be “Road related facilities including Parking”.

If I toggle the Land Use Zoning Map of Urban Planning it shows that it’s suposed to be green area, but the map is much simpler.

1 Like