Zuhause: German food in Kaohsiung!

Thanks to a recent article in FYI South I found out about a fairly new German restaurant in Kaohsiung called Zuhause. taiwanfun.com/south/kaoping/ … uhause.htm

I first went there a few weeks ago for dinner and was not disapointed. Granted I’ve only been to Germany once but I love German food and hadn’t found anything remotely close to authentic German food until coming to this restaurant. My wife and I ordered some meals and overall it was very authentic. Bread was delicious, schnitzel was great and even the spaetzle was good (although fried a bit, I guess for Taiwanese tastes).

Even better is a deal, can get 3 different German beers for less than 250NT (I don’t recall the exact price sorry). And overall the prices are very fair. With 2 appetizer salads, two main entrees, two desserts and the beers our bill came to less than 900NT.

It’s not too far from the intersection of Zhong-Shan and Wu-Fu. It’s on a small road parallel to Zhong-Shan.

If you want some German food definately check it out!

Thanks golfmade -

Sounds like it might be worth a trip down to K-Town.

We’ve a nice place here, Andy’s, run by an Austrian fellow & his wife that the wife & boy like. I think they need to try some German grub also!

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Thanks golfmade -

Sounds like it might be worth a trip down to K-Town.

We’ve a nice place here, Andy’s, run by an Austrian fellow & his wife that the wife & boy like. I think they need to try some German grub also![/quote]

Any reviews on this place? Is it still open?