2016 Costco Thread

Costco adjusts the membership fees from September 1, 2016.
Membership fees will increase by 150NTD, the business add-on card increase by 400 NTD
costco.com.tw/Announcement

[quote=“tom1807”]Costco adjusts the membership fees from September 1, 2016.
Membership fees will increase by 150NTD, the business add-on card increase by 400 NTD
costco.com.tw/Announcement[/quote]

Maybe it’s to recoup the cost of all the onions and ketchup that they take from the food court…

[quote=“nonredneck”][quote=“tom1807”]Costco adjusts the membership fees from September 1, 2016.

Maybe it’s to recoup the cost of all the onions and ketchup that they take from the food court…[/quote]

Lol, I hate seeing this every time I go to Costco. Last time I saw a middle age lady use a tupperware to fill with onions.

[quote=“Robotea”][quote=“nonredneck”][quote=“tom1807”]Costco adjusts the membership fees from September 1, 2016.

Maybe it’s to recoup the cost of all the onions and ketchup that they take from the food court…[/quote]

Lol, I hate seeing this every time I go to Costco. Last time I saw a middle age lady use a tupperware to fill with onions.[/quote]

Have 2 colleagues who happily admit they have expired Costco membership cards that they use to get in the door for the free samples, these guys are on good salaries and appear normal so cannot understand their willingness to go through hell for a few crappy samples…

[quote=“SuperS54”][quote=“Robotea”][quote=“nonredneck”][quote=“tom1807”]Costco adjusts the membership fees from September 1, 2016.

Lol, I hate seeing this every time I go to Costco. Last time I saw a middle age lady use a tupperware to fill with onions.[/quote]

Have 2 colleagues who happily admit they have expired Costco membership cards that they use to get in the door for the free samples, these guys are on good salaries and appear normal so cannot understand their willingness to go through hell for a few crappy samples…[/quote]
I don’t even bother with the free samples when I go…the line is usually way too long to be worth it!

[quote=“tom1807”]Costco adjusts the membership fees from September 1, 2016.

Just start charging for parking if NO purchase is made. That’s all I ask for. It would keep the crowds in check and the mess at the parking lot would end.

That would be nice. :thumbsup:

That would be nice. :thumbsup: [/quote]

But they would need to set a decent minimum purchase amount. I recall when Carrefour had a free bus to and from the Zhishan location, with purchase. I’d see people with one NT$30 bottle of soda getting on to ride it, taking seats from legitimate shoppers. You know the same thing would happen at Costco.

Sure, something like NT$1000.

I must congratulate the management at the Beitou Costco. They did something that makes getting to the store easier. If you are coming from Guandu MRT, you would have to walk around the parking lot, which can take 5 - 10 minutes on foot. They now built a staircase in the corner of the parking lot so you don’t have to walk around the parking lot and can go right in.

Indeed, just walked through it! Hop skip and a jump from the station.

It’s big! Pretty glad this is here as of now

Please give us a heads up if you see regular Cheerios or natural peanut butter back in stock anywhere – thanks!

1 Like

I hate the new Costco in Zhongli. Every time I go there they don’t stock things I always buy and that are usually available in other Costcos.

Case in point: Nuttelex spread. They didn’t have it - again - in the Zhongli store. Has anyone seen it in a Taipei Costco recently? I’m going up to Taipei Thursday, so can visit a Costco there to get the stuff. Cheers.

It’s the ‘church of costco’
Yes a lot of people have nothing better to do.

Shijih and Neihu also don’t have the Nuttelex spread

I just got back from the Zhonghe Costco, and they have what appears to be a new shipment of the craft ales in stock. I think it’s 24 bottles (6 bottles each of four different kinds of beer) for NT$999.

1 Like

Zhongli store has Kirkland craft beers again!! 999 NT for a 24-pack. The 4 flavors this time are Session IPA, Summer Ale, Pale Ale, and IPA. Imported from Hopfen Und Malz Brewing Co. in San Jose, California.

Last week I parked in Costco XiZhi, they’ve installed a fancy light system showing how many free spaces are in each lane of the underground carpark, wonder if this is a prelude to a charging system? Can only hope!

I hope they have the Kirkland beers at Xizhi. Will be going today or tomorrow. I wouldn’t buy the box for myself (I ended up liking only two of the varieties last time I bought a box), but it’s perfect for a little get together we’re having this weekend.

I’ve noticed this at the Neihu branch as well. Kinda cool, but you still get those people who rather wait in b1 when b2/b3 have spaces.