Another big nose busted for growing weed

Just got local news on in the background and it is saying a Canadian guy got busted today for growing weed somewhere in the Xindian area. No judgment from me like, just wondered if anyone knows the full story, or if he is known to any of us.

It wasn’t me. I’m not Canadian. And I only grow poppies. For Remembrance Day.

Yeah right! :unamused: Do you need another light?

Where’s Chewy by the way? He would jump right in on this surely…?!

I know a Canadian living in Xindian… but he’s home in Canada for the holidays. So it can’t be him.

tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/ … 2jjnt.html

It was a 40-something American named Kyle living in New Garden city. Also, his next door neighbors, an American named Kevin and his Macedonian girlfriend, and another American and his Chilean girlfriend were arrested. According to the article, they were busted with a dozen or so “mushroom plants” (sorry, I’m not sure how shrooms are exactly measured), 518 grams of pot, and various other paraphernalia.

According to the local neighbors, they were quite noisy. Kyle would often do woodwork and Kevin would play African drums late into the night. (Queue picture of Eric Cartman complaining about hippies.) When police came by to investigate these noise complaints, they began to suspect that they were growing pot.

That’s 18 ounces, or just over a pound. Definitely won’t be deemed personal consumption.

But that other guy in the penthouse supposedly with a heap of the stuff is still walking around right? DOnt hear of him in jail?

Maybe the amount is highly exaggerated?

It’s also a shame that SatTv’s joined the choir eternal (or is he in purgatory?). I’m sure he’d have had some good positive advice for the big noses in question.

Why? Just cuz they’re not Canadians? :loco:

I think the lesson we should all learn is not to play loud bongos late at night if you’re growin’ dope. :neutral:

*This post was brought to you by Canada’s premier dope smokin’ prog rock trio.

Listen carefully, and you’ll hear the latest news from the drum tower . . . :astonished:

Why? Playing bongos isn’t enough of a crime?

Should’ve learned that from Matthew McConaughey’s case.

thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/c … cconaughey

A few more details from that report, for those who don’t read Chinese:

Kyle is married to a Taiwanese woman, has lived in Taiwan for 18 years, and in addition to teaching English to kids, also works as a translation consultant for a religious TV station. He and his wife have been renting their house in New Garden City for a year or so.

Kevin is the same age as Kyle (41), his Macedonian gf is 32, the other arrested American is 35 and his Chilean gf is 34. The other two Americans and the Macedonian are English teachers, and the Chilean woman has a restaurant in Taipei City.

Kyle and his wife say that an American friend named Sheldon left the pot plants with them to look after, but subsequently disappeared.

It sounds like Kevin was a terrible neighbour, not only playing his African drums in the middle of the night, but often disturbing his neighbours with loud music until dawn.

Report said that his “pot farm” had 2 whole plants. The 518 gram count was probably obtained by weight both of those plants in entirety. I’m not quite sure how Kyle was able to “throw marijuana parties at home, inviting other foreigners in Taiwan to attend and selling them pot at a ridiculous profit”. Those 2 plants must have been epic. Trees, almost.

:raspberry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZKPBHwxP1c

Of course, Taiwan news being what it is, it was likely .518 grams, not 518.

Still, if I were growing dope in Taiwan, in close proximity to others, I would certainly show some moderation in the late-night bongo sessions. Bong sessions good, bongos bad.

That Yahoo article mentioned that the Chilean woman who was arrested also opened a restaurant in Taipei city, though they declined to say the name. I wonder if it’s that South American restaurant with the English-only signs I’ve seen riding my bike up in the vicinity of New Garden City. Has anyone ever been to that restaurant?

It seems to be called Cafe del Mar 拉丁美洲風味素食餐廳 I haven’t been there but it sounds nice.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Of course, Taiwan news being what it is, it was likely .518 grams, not 518.

Still, if I were growing dope in Taiwan, in close proximity to others, I would certainly show some moderation in the late-night bongo sessions. Bong sessions good, bongos bad.[/quote]
Yeah, I don’t get it either, man. Why do these guys who do illegal shit always disturb the neighbours? Everyone knows the Taiwanese MO isn’t to knock on your door and politely ask you to keep it down, but rather to call the coppers.

And the reporters tone when she says, “不是台灣人而是[color=#FF0000]美國人[/color]…” sounds overly accusatory. :ohreally:

Dead plants, ancient stems, 3 cell phones and a computer? For shame, forrrr shaaame.