Barcelona terrorist attack

What are you talking about? that’s like saying that the police of Berlin is isolated from the Interpol info.

Your story would be better if you added martians, nazis and comunazis.

For more than a decade it’s been said that Barcelona, and that specific neibourhood, was becoming a hot spot of radical islamism. This event is no surprise at all, although Spain was kind of a reference of counter fighting (islamic) terrorism.

To think that this was organized by politicians for dunno what purpose you imply, is not only paranoid, but an insult.

1 Like

There was all sort of moronic comments on the Internet made by… morons. From both sides. Why do you say that, and you don’t mention that the CUP, one of the most pro-independence parties in Catalonia has declared that they “condemn the fascist - capitalist terrorism”, right after the attacks?

why do you even bring up a few disgusting comments made by some “spanish people”?, what are you trying to imply here?, I am not sure how much you know about these issues but reading your previous comment I can’t help sensing some political bias coming up here.
You really shoud have finished your whole comment skipping your fourth paragraph.
Isolated and hateful comments about almost anything often happen when news break and one final point if I may, take with a grain of salt anything you read on social media because the anonymity of the internet brings out the disonesty of some people and leads sometimes to false flag operations…

Just an example of what the situation is in Catalonia (not only in the rest of Spain)

Translation:
“there’s a terrorist group called IS and another called Spanish State that has more media”

It is the duty of national leaders to step up and condemn. Truth be told, the Spanish president’s message was both timely and correct.

Why is an area of Cataluna a hotbed of terrorism? Poverty? Immigration? That can and should be assessed and addressed, hopefully with international help.

TBH, yes, I also should have mentioned the examples of solidarity and humanity that pals in the affected area are sharing, like people opening their homes and hearts to those traumatized and stranded -no metro or bus of transportation of any kind, both local and international.

Or the kitten campaign so that vital information on police activity would not reach the terrorists.

Unfortunately, this is becoming habitual.

Yet I cannot shake the feeling that there is a bit more here. Why there? Why now?

Or are we in an era where we have to ask Why not? Are we all just prey among wolves?

What is wrong with these bastards? How fucked up in the head do you have to be to wake up one morning and think “durrr God told me I’d go to paradise if I kill a bunch of innocent men, women and children that have never done anything to me”? There is no Hell hot enough.

I love Trumps response --- quoting Black Jack Pershing.....so happy hes in charge and not Hillary…Pershing was one tough dude in the Southern Philippines! Screw the Daily Mail here!

It’s more like:

1 Like

Not with terrorism, but with radicals. Because that´s the place they chose. Also, European left welcomes so much “cultural diversity” and has serious problems to condemn islamic terrorism. They are more antisemitism and pro islamic. Where does this come from? no idea, probably it’s something to do with the soviets, the small countries ending in -istan and the USA.

Spain’s intelligence and security forces do investigate and fight the radicalization of this (and other) hot spots in Spain. I don’t know why you wanted to point out that there’s a conspiracy for leaving the regional police in Catalonia out of the loop in this matter, I don’t think that’s true, and sounds like independentist bullshit or perhaps even conspiranoia.

1 Like

Im going to guess… a large number of followers from a particular religion.

That is a doubt that was planted last time thsi happened, and I wonder why only in the Spanish case where there so many rumors regarding that particular attack as such? At least in Latin American media it was tainted by that angle. I think it is unfair, yes, but I also ask, how about the British attacks? Or the French? Are there the same rumors in European media? That is a real question.

The stuff I see on my Spanish feed has way too many idjits, I do concur. And that shocks me indeed. I think I was sparedf this in English speaking media but seriously, wasn’t there talk of some kind of legal action against those kind of comments in Spain?

Radicals as in ex-ETA? Or like those jungle areas of Colombia that are lawless due to paramilitares and army and guerrillas fighting over dominance?

Uh oh, by my personal experience I guess your comment will last less than 24h.

sure there are laws against hate language towards crime victims particularly terrorist victims, you can go ahead and check out the numerous court resolutions and convictions.
my point was that you can’t just throw a vague blanket statement about some isolated comments in the wake of this horrible attack as if it was a norm in cases like this and again those are just comments that mean nothing to anybody who has no other intention but stir up trouble for no reason.

lol you just played yourself.

I thought Trump was the guy who “waits for all the facts”? :smirk:

Not at all. If you knew Trump, you know he goes for the Roy Cohn style jugular. Whether Black Jack did that or not is immaterial. What is important is that he did rule with an iron first in a part of the world that needed it. Just using Black Jack as an example makes me respect Trump. Hillary would be quoting Shirley Chisholm. :laughing:

Apologies. Not blanket but more than expected under the circunstances. At least by me.

Looks like the driver is still around. I wonder how long it will take him to find people willing to give him shelter and hide him from the police.

Radicals as in brainless Muslim idiots.