Bed & Breakfast in Jiufen

When I come back next year I’d like to visit Fulong Beach and hike the Tsaoling Trail. The night before, I would plan to stay in Jiufen. Any recommendations on a bed & breakfast?

I stayed at a good one there but don’t remember the name. It was about 2 or 3 stories high, overlooking the ocean, and owned by a friendly lady whose son was into painting and playing piano. Sorry I can’t be more help.

Can you show me were it is on the map?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Too long ago, I can’t remember. The only thing I remember is that if you’re standing at the bottom of Jiufen, looking up, it’s about halfway up, and a little bit to the right. Also, the roof is a little weird. The roof, which is the third floor, is about level with the street (the rest of the house is below street level), and there is a small ladder-type thing which leads from the street to the roof. Sorry, that probably won’t help, but good luck anyway.

use this link, there are many wonderful places…
chiufen.okgo.tw/inn/

I’m coming to Taiwan in November and planning to stay one night in Jiufen. Any recommendations of accommodation would be nice (I don’t know Chinese so Kea’s link above isn’t very useful to me…).

I would recommend this place: Our Home (http://www.ourhome187.com.tw, unfortunately no English on their website, but if you call I am sure they speak English)

The place is not located in Jiufen, but in Jinguashi, which is the next little town down the hill (frequent buses). The scenery there is great and while there you can also visit the Gold Museum and go for a hike up Teapot Mountain for some breathtaking mountain and sea views. The homestay is really special for the interior design. I think they only have five rooms, so reservation way in advance might be necessary. Every room is styled with much attention to detail with lot of antiques and art pieces. The Asian room is especially sexy.

Storia d’amore is a beautiful B&B with great view, and great owners, with nice breakfast and sitting area, and past all the nightmarish walking traffic, although very easy to reach. 02-2406-1733. There are many others, but I find this one to be exceptional.

What is the price range?

This place is excellent in the budget range. Rooms start at NT$1000.

5park.isogi.net

The lower level of the house is literally built into the side of the mountain. It’s near the end of the tourist street but past all the other shops so quiet. Excellent old teahouse just around the corner.

Oh, and the tourism shuttle buses now go from Jiufen to Fulong Beach.

www.taiwantrip.com.tw

Do you think a day trip of Fulong beach + Jiufen is feasible? Or would it be better to stay overnight

I’ve done this exact same thing; it’s quite feasible.

which is better Jiufen Afternoon/Fulong evening or Fulong Afternoon/ Jiufen evening.
I’m planning to visit the Fu Bar at Fulong beach. Saw that they are open again on the weekends and would definitely like to try some grub there.

I’m currently leaning towards visiting Jiufen first. What do you think Steve4nLanguage.

My personal opinion is to do Jiufen first because every time I’ve been there it’s been incredibly crowded. After a couple of hours of walking through narrow shop-lined streets among the mass of people, I’m quite done (although I do like nearby Jinguashi Gold Ecological Park). Then, when you get to Fulong, you can enjoy a leisurely bike ride and take a break at the FuBar.

Thanks a lot!

Looks nice! Thank you Mucha Man

I prefer going to Fulong first in the morning via Pingxi. Enjoy the day at the beach. Grab late lunch at Fu-Bar. Then head up to Jiufen early/late afternoon when the crowds might start thinning a little bit. The drive north from Fulong to Jiufen is beautiful in late afternoon and sunset. Doesn’t seem possible, but you do actually catch good glimpses of the sun going down, and the color reflecting off the steep cliffs and unique rock formations in the ocean along the road are amazing.

Then, if you decide your just too tired to head back to Taipei (or wherever home is), you have many more options for an overnight B&B or home stay in Jiufen. Jiufen is pretty at night after the crowds thin, the temperature cools, and the air becomes misty from the evening humidity. Makes the lights, streets, and buildings glow, especially if there has been a light rain… Fulong only has a couple options for hotels, and they are usually booked in advance, and average higher cost than the places in Jiufen.

Is there some sort of Tourism Info/Center in Jiufen or Ruifang that can help with booking accommodation?

Sure, if you speak and read Chinese. In which case you don’t need them of course. :s

Easier to search online and book.