China Post = Lying Blue Piece of Filth

OK, spin and distortion are a part of politics and persuasion in the present day and age, no doubt about it. However, when a paper repeatedly tells LIES about the opposition, it is morally reprehensible. The China Post does this on a regular basis, but none made me want to cry from laughter than today’s editorial on page 4 (July 29) entitled “Cracks in U.S., Japan ties”.

“For six years, former president Chen’s administration stalled on the deal (US arms purchase) as a show of goodwill to Beijing, while at the same time threatened to declare imminent independence.”

What a fricken lie. The KMT stalled the package for years, initially citing the failed referendum in 2004. Now that they are in power and want the arms package, they are blaming President Chen and the United States. Anyone else remember the days when the KMT and their media lackeys were accusing the US of PUSHING the arms on Taiwan. Now, they fault President Bush for holding back on them. What utter hypocrisy and outright distortion of the truth.

45 1/2 more months of this lunacy! Fun to observe, but sad for Taiwan.

And, I assume, 45 1/2 more months of these posts, ending with this tagline? Maybe you could mix it up a little, for variety.

And, I assume, 45 1/2 more months of these posts, ending with this tagline? Maybe you could mix it up a little, for variety.[/quote]

Sometimes, some people need the truth beaten into them, time and time again.

And, I assume, 45 1/2 more months of these posts, ending with this tagline? Maybe you could mix it up a little, for variety.[/quote]

Sometimes, some people need the truth beaten into them, time and time again.[/quote]
Ah, sweet irony. You escape me not. :laughing:

Sometimes, some people need the truth beaten into them, time and time again.[/quote]
Ah, sweet irony. You escape me not. :laughing:[/quote]

The kicker is that the people who have criticized my posts haven’t actually pointed out anything wrong with the content of what I am saying.

The kicker is that the people who have criticized my posts haven’t actually pointed out anything wrong with the content of what I am saying.[/quote]
Why would they? All that would succeed in doing would be to embarrass you, and you’re doing a sterling job without anyone’s help on that score.

Well I guess we can blame the US in the end, since they are in possession of the arms Taiwan wants to purchase.

Unless the US has a double standard of whom they sell the arms to. They’ll sell the arms to Taiwan when a party with no military experience is in power. However, when the party that was actually at war with the CCP come into power, they have no intention of selling the arms to Taiwan for fear of sparking an actual ground war as the Northern Expedition II come to fruition.

The kicker is that the people who have criticized my posts haven’t actually pointed out anything wrong with the content of what I am saying.[/quote]
Why would they? All that would succeed in doing would be to embarrass you, and you’re doing a sterling job without anyone’s help on that score.[/quote]

You really crack me up. You have nothing, and you know it.

I don’t think the KMT necessarily want those arms. The KMT isn’t for TI. Why buy a bunch of overpriced arms you don’t need?

Tell that to your overlords in Beijing.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Well I guess we can blame the US in the end, since they are in possession of the arms Taiwan wants to purchase.

Unless the US has a double standard of whom they sell the arms to. They’ll sell the arms to Taiwan when a party with no military experience is in power. However, when the party that was actually at war with the CCP come into power, they have no intention of selling the arms to Taiwan for fear of sparking an actual ground war as the Northern Expedition II come to fruition.[/quote]

Wow, in addition to being the most handsome politician in the world, a Harvard educated lawyer, and general intellectual gadfly, Ma has a solid military background. Not sure where he got it. Perhaps on the knee of Papa Lien who of course cut his teeth cutting down commies. Or was it James the mighty sword Soong who taught him the way of the warrior.

Jesus, cc, in any inane thread why is it that your posts always stand out?

Because we all look alike? :unamused:

Of course CSB and his peanut gang, of ex-convicts that made up the DPP, had a tradition of military campaigns against the communist…

ex-convicts. nice one. imprisoned for their political beliefs, not for murder, stand over tactics, extortion, robbery, bribery, coercion, blackmail and general corruption.

how about the current crop of gangsters that make up the LY majority?

anyway, the KMT should be pushing for as many high tech weapons systems as possible so they can hand them over to beiping when the time comes.

Many moons ago at TAS a teacher of mine from the US took great offense at what the China Post wrote and often brought that to our attention. As time went by, it became a source of amusement both for him and for us. The China Post is not about news, its about Entertainment my friend. :slight_smile:

Because we all look alike? :unamused: [/quote]

Why is it you can always work racism and victimhood into any thread too?

Lying blue piece of filth? Isn’t that a bit much? How about, “editorially challenged KMT controlled newspaper”? The weak points in all three of Taiwan’s English papers are their editorials. They are written irresponsibly by highly partisan people with no sense of the true value and meaning of an editorial. They are diatribes that remind me of young polisci idiots in 1st year of Uni. Granted though, recently the China Post has shown itself to be even more shamelessly stupid than the other papers. But calling it a “piece of filth” just exposes you as someone just as biased and verbally irresponsible as them. So calm down and don’t exaggerate!

Because we all look alike? :unamused: [/quote]

Why is it you can always work racism and victimhood into any thread too?[/quote]
It is a common trait among average Taiwanese… :sunglasses:

[quote=“urodacus”]ex-convicts. nice one. imprisoned for their political beliefs, not for murder, stand over tactics, extortion, robbery, bribery, coercion, blackmail and general corruption.
[/quote]
Okay the DPP are a bunch of boy scouts in comparison. How do a bunch of boy scouts win a war with the CCP using US military equipment? Sounds like a losing proposition if you ask me.

Because we all look alike? :unamused:

Of course CSB and his peanut gang, of ex-convicts that made up the DPP, had a tradition of military campaigns against the communist…[/quote]

Unlike the KMT who took every military advantage in the book and still lost to a bunch of rag-tag rural peasants?

I am not exaggerating. I am simply not hampered by politically correct claptrap. I am a native New Englander. We call 'em as we see 'em.