Cracking the Naturalization Language Exam - A Guide

Great job on this awesome resource!

The trinity approves :happy_frog:

I can host a mirror on my private NextCloud if @Fuzzy_Barbecue does not object.

Edit: :ok:
https://nc.uni-bremen.de/s/oZEfgf9ak9qpZgk

6 Likes

I could never get Nextcloud to work properly…

Very cool. I don’t think 200 hours is anywhere near enough to learn sufficient characters to pass this test in any other way than cramming it.

Not going to do the exam but definitely adding this to my Chinese learning word list.

Thanks. The 200 hours of Chinese lessons is an option in-lieu of taking the examination. If you provide a certificate for having taken the required hours, you are exempted from taking the Chinese exam altogether.

The HHRO gave me a list of all places offering those classes, but most of them only had few hours a week (after work timings). It would have taken me 6 months to complete 200 hours to get a certificate. I choose the exam because it was faster, and I would rather spent time with my daughter after work.

4 Likes

That just reminded me to upload the English Translated version of all the 252 questions. Even for someone not planning to take the exam, I think these questions are very interesting and useful for anyone living in Taiwan. Check my original post above to see the translated list.

3 Likes

Dear friends, I’m spouse of a taiwanese and living in Taichung city more than 3 years. Right now I’m planning for naturalization but I need to provide 72 hours manadrin classes certificate or take an examination on household registration office for basic knowledge of Taiwan law.
My question is if I will give Chinese basic knowledge test. The test will be taken only written or only speaking test, or both of necessary written and speaking.

Thanks in advance, please guide according to the Taichung household registration office center

1 Like

Dear friends,My question is if I will give Chinese basic knowledge test for naturalization. The test will be taken only written or only speaking test, or both of necessary written and speaking.

Thanks in advance, please guide according to the Taichung household registration office center

You choose. Oral test or written test.

Not both.

Really

I live in Taichung city. Really need choose one oral or test

Yes. Really. I took the written test and passed with 100% and I’m an idiot.

1 Like

Oh you are genius. Did you take your written test in Taichung city

Dude. Man. Brother.

It’s a standardized test. It’s exactly the same no matter where you take it.

4 Likes

Thanks brother

1 Like

Is there an online practice test that has all the questions imported already?

Started making my own using topgrade but then realized there may already be on

I found this link for the Naturalization Test Question Bank. It shows the answers on the far right column.

https://civilinfo.taichung.gov.tw/1486256/Normalnodelist

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Found this quiz too!

https://iwnet.civil.taipei/Naturalization/

3 Likes

Cool i remember there was an interactive one, good thing you found it! this one seems more user friendly XD

Do you know if you can resit the exam straight away if you fail? Or do you need to wait?